State Of Florida Moves Daily Report To Evening.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A quick note to our readers wondering where the daily COVID-19 report is for Florida. It’s coming. We assume.
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, perhaps hoping to avoid the daily spotlight of staggering numbers, moved the daily health department update to a night time release. It’s a Trumpian move that has a net effect of zero — bad news still gets out. Time of day is irrelevant. We don’t know exactly what time it will be uploaded by the Florida Department of Health, but we do know that the 11:30 a.m. update is apparently a thing of the past. We’re also unsure what benefit the Governor could possibly think comes from releasing numbers in the evening instead of the morning. Instead of being the big story at noon, the daily COVID-19 report becomes the big story at 11 p.m. or first thing in the morning. And there will always be mention of the fact that while other states are taking precautions, Gov. DeSantis continues to do nothing.
We’ll update as soon there’s an update. As of Monday afternoon (based on Sunday’s report), 885,201 confirmed COVID-19 infections are on the books in Florida with 17,518 deaths. At least 51,900 people have been hospitalized in Florida.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Alisa Catoggio Pleads Guilty To $40M Federal Kickback Scheme
- COPS ON SCENE: Double Shooting South Of Boca Raton
- SMELL SMOKE? Don’t Worry About It, There’s A Controlled Burn
- ALLIGATOR ALLEY SHOOTING: Police Seeks Suspect, Ask Public For Tips
- ALERT: Palm Beach County COVID Risk Spikes
- EXTREMELY DRUNK: Cops Say Boca Raton Man Three Times Limit
- AT LEAST SIX SEX OFFENDERS LIVE IN KINGS POINT DELRAY BEACH
- Moses Sues Walmart, Claims Parking Lot More Dangerous Than Red Sea
- Sentencing For Female Fraudster, Seven Bridges Homeowner, Delayed