State Of Florida Moves Daily Report To Evening.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A quick note to our readers wondering where the daily COVID-19 report is for Florida. It’s coming. We assume.
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, perhaps hoping to avoid the daily spotlight of staggering numbers, moved the daily health department update to a night time release. It’s a Trumpian move that has a net effect of zero — bad news still gets out. Time of day is irrelevant. We don’t know exactly what time it will be uploaded by the Florida Department of Health, but we do know that the 11:30 a.m. update is apparently a thing of the past. We’re also unsure what benefit the Governor could possibly think comes from releasing numbers in the evening instead of the morning. Instead of being the big story at noon, the daily COVID-19 report becomes the big story at 11 p.m. or first thing in the morning. And there will always be mention of the fact that while other states are taking precautions, Gov. DeSantis continues to do nothing.
We’ll update as soon there’s an update. As of Monday afternoon (based on Sunday’s report), 885,201 confirmed COVID-19 infections are on the books in Florida with 17,518 deaths. At least 51,900 people have been hospitalized in Florida.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center
- FLORIDA COVID: Ventilator Use Rises As Hospitalizations Fall
- SEEMAN HOLTZ: As Fraud Investigation Continues, Court Assigns Monitor
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday