BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Commission has officially decided to do absolutely nothing about the soaring COVID-19 numbers in the county. As if taking their cue from Florida Governor Ron DeSantis who continues to be impotent when it comes to managing the COVID crisis, commissioners during their Tuesday meeting took no action to curb the spread of COVID. Palm Beach County businesses remain open. Bars remain open. People continue to die.
In Palm Beach County, where the positivity rate is now 9.95 percent, 392 new COVID-19 infections were added on Monday through 11:59 p.m. The death count rose by 17. There are now 59,154 COVID-19 infections in Palm Beach County with 1,635 deaths. At least 4,322 have been hospitalized for COVID-19 in Palm Beach County.
In Florida, infections rose by 7,350 with 85 new deaths. There are now 897,323 COVID-19 infections in Florida with 17,644 deaths. At least 52,329 people have been hospitalized in Florida with COVID-19 issues. Numbers are now released in the evening, roughly 24 hours after they are verified.
As we reported earlier, the Palm Beach County Commission opted to re-elect David Kerner as ceremonial mayor for a second term. Mayor Kerner initiated his second term by largely ignoring the growing COVID crisis in the county. It was not immediately clear how many funerals he plans to attend between Thanksgiving and New Years for COVID-19 victims among his constituency.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TWO DEAD IN BRIGHTLINE CRASH IN DELRAY BEACH
- I-95 To Close Again In Boca Raton, Make Plans Now
- Police Activity Near Don Estridge Middle School In Boca Raton Is Not Criminal
- Delray Beach Man Accused Of Sales Tax Fraud
- AIRBNB Sued Over South Palm Beach County Hammock Incident
- Man Killed By Brightline Train In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Manslaughter Charge
- BOCA BRIDGES: Homeowner Strangles Another Homeowner, Caught On Ring Camera
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Listen To The 911 Call When Man Found With Blood, White Powder