Hurricane Center Says 40 Percent Chance. Next Name Is Kappa.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The National Hurricane Center is monitoring yet another system that could develop over the next few days. The system, in the south Caribbean, is unlikely to pose a threat to Florida. But a mid-November tropical system, pushing the storm count solidly into the 30s, is notable. The system is marked by the orange oval you see above. As we have pointed out all season: an oval represents where a storm may form, not a direction of travel.
Here is the early morning outlook from the National Hurricane Center.
Tropical Weather Outlook NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL 100 AM EST Tue Nov 17 2020 For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico: The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane Iota, located inland over extreme northeastern Nicaragua. 1. A new area of low pressure could form in a couple of days over the central or southwestern Caribbean Sea. Environmental conditions are forecast to be conducive for some development, and a tropical depression could form by the end of the week while the system moves slowly westward or west-southwestward across the southwestern Caribbean Sea. * Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent. * Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent. Forecaster Latto
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Providing Medical Care Without A License
- TWO DEAD IN BRIGHTLINE CRASH IN DELRAY BEACH
- I-95 To Close Again In Boca Raton, Make Plans Now
- Police Activity Near Don Estridge Middle School In Boca Raton Is Not Criminal
- Delray Beach Man Accused Of Sales Tax Fraud
- AIRBNB Sued Over South Palm Beach County Hammock Incident
- Man Killed By Brightline Train In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Manslaughter Charge
- BOCA BRIDGES: Homeowner Strangles Another Homeowner, Caught On Ring Camera