Area HOA Provides More Than 6000 Items To Those In Need
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Jewish Federation Verbatim) — Residents of Delray Beach’s DAKOTA DELRAY community announce that together, they collected more than 6000 items/donations that will be given to four local organizations in honor of World Kindness Day. The donation drive, spearheaded by resident Cindy Bergman, a member of the active Dakota Social Committee, was created as a way for neighbors to come together in support of worthy organizations that serve our community.
“In a moment where collectively, tensions seem to running high and people are weary of a very long year, it felt like the time was right to bring our community together in caring acts of kindness,” said Bergman.
“Heading into the holiday season, a time to give back, it was great to rally my neighbors and friends to work together to make our community a kinder and more caring place.”
Dakota “do-gooders” dropped off donations on Friday, November 13th. Items were collected for four local non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations:
- The Cotton Bottom Diaper Bank, serving low-income families in South Florida
- The Levis JCC Schwedelson Special Needs Department, embracing individuals with special needs and their families for more than 25 years
- Touch A Heart Foundation, enriching the lives of disadvantaged children in the tri-county area of Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade
- TLC Little Free Food Pantries, operating “give and take” food pantries in low income neighborhoods in Boca and Delray Beach (more to come soon); donors are able to give on their own terms, and those in need are able to access items without judgement or time constraints
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- REMINDER: SKIP “GO FUND ME,” FOR IAN DONATIONS, STICK TO LEGIT CHARITIES
- Two South Palm Beach County Parks To Remain Closed Until Saturday
- Crash Leaves Pedestrian Dead In North Broward County
- All Palm Beach County Operations Return To Normal On Friday
- Palm Beach County Schools Reopen Friday
- Tropical Storm Warning Canceled For Palm Beach County
- Tropical Storm Warning Remains In Effect Until Early Afternoon In Palm Beach County
- 17-Year-Old Enters Water In Highland Beach During Ian, Needs Rescue
- TORNADO KINGS POINT: Images From Restricted Area