Area HOA Provides More Than 6000 Items To Those In Need
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Jewish Federation Verbatim) — Residents of Delray Beach’s DAKOTA DELRAY community announce that together, they collected more than 6000 items/donations that will be given to four local organizations in honor of World Kindness Day. The donation drive, spearheaded by resident Cindy Bergman, a member of the active Dakota Social Committee, was created as a way for neighbors to come together in support of worthy organizations that serve our community.
“In a moment where collectively, tensions seem to running high and people are weary of a very long year, it felt like the time was right to bring our community together in caring acts of kindness,” said Bergman.
“Heading into the holiday season, a time to give back, it was great to rally my neighbors and friends to work together to make our community a kinder and more caring place.”
Dakota “do-gooders” dropped off donations on Friday, November 13th. Items were collected for four local non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations:
- The Cotton Bottom Diaper Bank, serving low-income families in South Florida
- The Levis JCC Schwedelson Special Needs Department, embracing individuals with special needs and their families for more than 25 years
- Touch A Heart Foundation, enriching the lives of disadvantaged children in the tri-county area of Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade
- TLC Little Free Food Pantries, operating “give and take” food pantries in low income neighborhoods in Boca and Delray Beach (more to come soon); donors are able to give on their own terms, and those in need are able to access items without judgement or time constraints
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Florida’s “Vulnerable” Form For COVID-19 Shot May Be HIPAA Violation
- COVID Count Rising In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Registered Sex Offender, Arrested Again For Sex Crime
- Teacher, Arrested By Boca Raton Police, Set To Be Fired Today
- Delray’s Tiffany Terrazzano Jailed On Repeat Charge
- Palm Beach County Extends Mask Mandate, Some Fear DeSantis Will Ban It
- Huge Jump In Florida COVID Cases
- POTTY PROBLEM! High Profile Boca Building Sends Tenants To Porta-Johns
- Thieves Targeting Target Wanted By Police