Next Storm Names Are Kappa and La.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There are two systems being watched by the National Hurricane Center. Neither are likely to pose a threat to South Florida. It is rare that any system of significance forms in November, let alone multiple systems in late November. The Atlantic Hurricane Season — at least in theory — ends at the end of the month.
The potential systems are marked by the ovals above. We always stress: the ovals mark a potential area of development, not a direction of travel. Paths are only forecast once a system develops into a depression or storm.
The next names: Kappa and La.
Here is the Wednesday morning forecast from the National Hurricane Center:
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico: The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical Depression Iota, located inland over El Salvador. 1. A broad area of low pressure could form in a day or so over the southwestern Caribbean Sea. Any development of this system is expected to slow to occur during the next several days while the system moves slowly west-southwestward or westward across the southwestern Caribbean Sea. Regardless of tropical cyclone formation, areas of heavy rain are possible during the next several days from Nicaragua southward across Central America and into Colombia. These rains could cause new flooding concerns, especially across previously inundated areas. * Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent. * Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent. 2. A non-tropical area of low pressure could form between the Bahamas and Bermuda by early next week. The system could gradually develop subtropical characteristics through the middle of next week while it moves northeastward. * Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent. * Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
Unlikely, but the National Hurricane Center is monitoring two systems that could develop during Thanksgiving week. Neither system is traveling in the direction of the United States mainland. The next names are Kappa and La.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DESANTIS: Florida Will Vaccinate Nursing Home Residents Before Healthcare Workers
- FROM BAD TO WORSE: Florida Logs 9,920 COVID Cases On Tuesday
- Facial Covering Order Extended In Palm Beach County
- Emotional Support Animals No Longer Considered “Service Animals,” DOT Institutes New Rules
- SELLER’S MARKET! Palm Beach County House Sales Soar, Inventory Drops
- BOCA: Man Attempts To Carjack Rolls Royce, And Take Owner’s Girlfriend
- Boca Raton Police Jail Man For Carjacking, Kidnapping
- It’s HOA Budget Time, Let Us Know If Anything Is Questionable, Illegal, Scandalous
- DRAMA: iPIC Boca Raton Sued For Astronomical Unpaid Rent Bill