BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Thanksgiving is just one week away but the National Hurricane Center remains busy at work, watching two disturbances. While one is not expected to develop, the second — off the east coast — may form into something. It’s too early even for an early forecast, but the activity is notable. Rarely are the tropics still hopping on November 19th.
Here’s the latest from the National Hurricane Center as of mid-day Thursday, November 19, 2020.
Tropical Weather Outlook NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL 100 PM EST Thu Nov 19 2020 For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico: 1. Showers and thunderstorms have diminished since yesterday in association with a broad area of low pressure located over the far southwestern Caribbean Sea just off the northern coast of Panama. Development of this system is not expected while it moves little over the southwestern Caribbean Sea during the next several days. This system is expected to produce locally heavy rains and possible flooding over portions of southern Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, and northern Colombia during the next few days. * Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent. * Formation chance through 5 days...low...near 0 percent. 2. A non-tropical area of low pressure could form between the Bahamas and Bermuda by early next week. The system could gradually develop subtropical characteristics through the middle of next week while it moves northeastward over the western Atlantic. * Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent. * Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
It seems unlikely, but there are two areas of interest being watched by the National Hurricane Center. One, in the south Caribbean, seems to be no threat. The second system, of the U.S. East Coast, does have a chance of formation.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CDC: If Vaccinated, Some Family Visiting Okay, But No Travel, No Word On Restaurants
- Silky, Smooth and Slippery: Victoria’s Secret Sued By Palm Beach County Woman
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Battering Senior Citizen
- School Board Member Dr. Robinson: It’s Time To Step Up On FSA’s
- In Hidden Trump, DeSantis COVID Report, Florida Looking Better
- POLICE: Woman Visiting From Saudi Arabia Charged With Shoplifting At Macy’s
- Sober Homes Operate In High End Delray Beach, Boca Raton Communities
- CVS Has COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments In South Florida Right Now
- Delray’s Carolyn Gulino Jailed On Enhanced DUI Charge