DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A woman taking delivery of a new vehicle at Schumacher Automotive’s Delray location at 2102 South Federal Highway claims an improperly maintained sidewalk led her to fall — and sustain serious injuries.
Beatriz and Isidore Rainer, in a suit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, claim they were taking delivery of their leased car on December 31st, 2016, when they approached the front of the dealership. According to the suit, Beatrice “tripped and fell on the pavement which had an excessive vertical height differential and an excessive downward slope in violation of the controlling Building Code.”
Rainer fell and allegedly hit the ground hard. From the suit: “Rainer sustained serious injuries in and about her body and extremities, suffered pain, incurred medical and nursing expenses in the treatment of the injuries, and suffered physical handicap, scarring, loss of enjoyment of life, aggravation of pre-existing condition, the injuries are either permanent or continuing in nature, and Plaintiff, Beatriz Rainer, will suffer th losses and impairments in the future.”
Read the complete suit, below. If you are reading in a news app, please use this link.502020CA012586XXXXMB_3
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BUILDING COLLAPSE: List Of Everyone Who Owns In Champlain Towers
- Man Critically Injured At Boca Raton Wyndham Hotel, Sues
- MIAMI BEACH CONDO COLLAPSE: Rumors Spreading, Officials Say “Stop”
- National Hurricane Center: Tropical Depression Likely To Form
- I-95 In Boca Raton To Close Overnight Tonight
- Second DUI Arrest In Three Months For Boca’s Brooklyn Berman
- UPDATE: Boca Raton Police Respond To Shooting But Still Know Nothing
- HURRICANE CENTER: Wave Watching Continues, Another Expected To Form
- Delray Beach Father And Son Charged In Boynton Shooting, Witness Threat