DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A woman taking delivery of a new vehicle at Schumacher Automotive’s Delray location at 2102 South Federal Highway claims an improperly maintained sidewalk led her to fall — and sustain serious injuries.
Beatriz and Isidore Rainer, in a suit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, claim they were taking delivery of their leased car on December 31st, 2016, when they approached the front of the dealership. According to the suit, Beatrice “tripped and fell on the pavement which had an excessive vertical height differential and an excessive downward slope in violation of the controlling Building Code.”
Rainer fell and allegedly hit the ground hard. From the suit: “Rainer sustained serious injuries in and about her body and extremities, suffered pain, incurred medical and nursing expenses in the treatment of the injuries, and suffered physical handicap, scarring, loss of enjoyment of life, aggravation of pre-existing condition, the injuries are either permanent or continuing in nature, and Plaintiff, Beatriz Rainer, will suffer th losses and impairments in the future.”
Read the complete suit, below. If you are reading in a news app, please use this link.502020CA012586XXXXMB_3
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FOURTEEN STUDENTS DEAD IN TEXAS SCHOOL SHOOTING, ONE TEACHER
- Memorial Day Ceremony Set For South Florida National Cemetery
- POLICE: Delray Beach Man Attacks Dog, Beats With Stick, Cuts
- HURRICANE: NOAA Says ”Above Average” Season Just Days Away
- DRAMA: Woman Says Cinemark Boca Raton Seats Are Dangerous, Sues
- ALERT: TURNPIKE CLOSED, Major Crash South Of Glades Road
- Jewish Family Services In Palm Beach County Offers Hurricane Help To Seniors
- UPDATE: Man Killed In Shooting After Crash South Of Boca Raton
- OFFICIAL: Ocean One Grille Delray Has Flying Insect, “Mold-Like Substance” Problem