DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A woman taking delivery of a new vehicle at Schumacher Automotive’s Delray location at 2102 South Federal Highway claims an improperly maintained sidewalk led her to fall — and sustain serious injuries.
Beatriz and Isidore Rainer, in a suit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, claim they were taking delivery of their leased car on December 31st, 2016, when they approached the front of the dealership. According to the suit, Beatrice “tripped and fell on the pavement which had an excessive vertical height differential and an excessive downward slope in violation of the controlling Building Code.”
Rainer fell and allegedly hit the ground hard. From the suit: “Rainer sustained serious injuries in and about her body and extremities, suffered pain, incurred medical and nursing expenses in the treatment of the injuries, and suffered physical handicap, scarring, loss of enjoyment of life, aggravation of pre-existing condition, the injuries are either permanent or continuing in nature, and Plaintiff, Beatriz Rainer, will suffer th losses and impairments in the future.”
Read the complete suit, below. If you are reading in a news app, please use this link.502020CA012586XXXXMB_3
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Former Miami Dolphin Vontae Davis Arrested For DUI In South Florida
- Victims Of Double Fatal West Boca Raton Crash Identified
- Air Traffic Slowed Along Eastern Seaboard, Balloon To Be Shot Down
- TRIAL SET IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH CASE, MAGISTRATE BLASTS HOA ATTORNEYS
- Shooting In Boca Reserve Not Criminal, According To Police
- Boca Raton Woman Faces Six Years In Federal Prison On Illegal Boating Indictment
- Boca Raton Man, On Moped, Killed In Crash
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON