BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It’s getting bad out there. The Florida Department of Health reports that Florida added 9,002 confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. Florida also logged 79 new deaths. The positivity rate in Florida, solely for Wednesday’s reporting, is 7.58 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 563 new COVID-19 cases were added on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m with 3 new deaths. The positivity rate in Palm Beach County, for Wednesday’s tests alone, is 7.21 percent.
There are a now a total of 914,333 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Florida with 17,810 deaths. In Palm Beach County, the infection count is 60,219 with 1,644 deaths.
The Pediatric Positivity Rate in Palm Beach County is now holding at 11.5-percent. The Florida Dept. of Health uses the term “pediatric” for all cases involving children 18 and younger.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Police: Man Slams Car Into Pedestrian, Drags Him To Death
- FLORIDA COVID: Big Jump In New Infections, But It’s Not All Bad News
- Will COVID Shot Be Mandatory For Palm Beach County School Students?
- Strangulation Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Man
- University of Miami Fined $22M For False Billing
- Masks Not On Next Palm Beach County School Board Agenda
- CLAIM: Boca Raton Investment Firm Defrauded Seniors, Took 4.2M In PPP Funds
- POLO CLUB BOCA: Palm Beach County Alleges Building Permit Fraud
- POLICE: Woman Sold Cocaine Near Delray Beach School