More Dead. More Sick. Thanksgiving Disaster Imminent. Sen. Rick Scott COVID-19 Positive. No Statement From Gov. Ron DeSantis.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If current trends continue, Florida will likely hit the one million COVID-19 case mark within the next week to ten days. Florida added 8,884 COVID-19 cases on Thursday through 11:59 p.m. The death count increased by 79. The one day positivity rate for Thursday’s tests is 7.64 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 449 new COVID-19 cases were added on Thursday with 3 new deaths. The one day positivity rate is 6.64 percent.
Statewide, 923,418 people have tested for COVID-19. 17,889 have died. 53,091 have been hospitalized.
In Palm Beach County, 60,729 people have tested positive for COVID-19. 1,647 have died. At least 4,377 have been hospitalized.
The Health Care District reports it has administered more than 100,000 tests in Palm Beach County since March.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant
- REAL ESTATE WARNING: FAU Professor Says U.S. Housing Market Peaking, South Florida Overvalued
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students
- Palm Beach Schools Added 84 COVID Cases Since Thanksgiving Break
- New Jersey Man Jailed, Allegedly Punched Boca Man On Federal Highway
- POLICE: Body Found In West Delray Beach Bushes, Investigation Underway
- DESANTIS: Florida Will Vaccinate Nursing Home Residents Before Healthcare Workers
- FROM BAD TO WORSE: Florida Logs 9,920 COVID Cases On Tuesday