Police, In Must-Read Report, Question $50 “Car Rental” That Includes $50K In Drugs
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police officers may have been shaking their heads in disbelief Wednesday night when they arrested Shelby Salts and Alexander Claudio on charges of Grand Theft Auto and more. At one point during the arrest, one of the suspects told police that the stolen car was actually a $50 rental from an acquaintance. Why would that be a head shaking event? Police say they found an estimated $50,000 in drugs inside the vehicle.
“I inquired why ‘Ryan’ would lend his car for $50 containing roughly $50,000 of drugs and he scoffed making it apparent that he knew of the existence of the narcotics,” wrote Officer Jonathan Frenz in the must-read police report.
Shelby Salts and Alexander Claudio were allegedly driving the stolen car in the area of NW 2nd Avenue and Yamato Road around 10:30 p.m. Wednesday. We encourage you to read the complete police report, below. If you are reading in a news app, use this link to access the report on BocaNewsNow.com.
Shelby Salts, of the 400 block of 4th Avenue North in Lake Worth, is charged with Grand Theft Auto, Drug Possession, Possession of Harmful ‘New Legend Drug’ Without a Prescription, and Drug Equipment Possession. She was released on $2,000 bond.
Alexander Claudio, of the 400 block of NW 1st Avenue in Boynton Beach, is charged with Grand Theft Auto, Drug Possession and Probation Violation. He remains in the Palm Beach County Jail. Bond is set at $2,000.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant
- REAL ESTATE WARNING: FAU Professor Says U.S. Housing Market Peaking, South Florida Overvalued
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students
- Palm Beach Schools Added 84 COVID Cases Since Thanksgiving Break
- New Jersey Man Jailed, Allegedly Punched Boca Man On Federal Highway
- POLICE: Body Found In West Delray Beach Bushes, Investigation Underway
- DESANTIS: Florida Will Vaccinate Nursing Home Residents Before Healthcare Workers
- FROM BAD TO WORSE: Florida Logs 9,920 COVID Cases On Tuesday