BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The latest graphic from the Florida Department of Health reveals a significant increase in the number of people visiting Palm Beach County ER’s with COVID-like illness. While area emergency room and ICUs are holding at an acceptable level, the graphic suggests that Palm Beach County is in for a very difficult time ahead. As of mid-day Saturday, Palm Beach County’s ICU availability is 35.49 percent. Health officials say anything under 25 percent is potentially dangerous. There are currently 239 people in Palm Beach County hospitalized with COVID-19 as the “primary diagnosis.”
578 new COVID-19 infections were logged in Palm Beach County on Friday through 11:59 p.m. with one new death. The positivity rate for Friday alone is 6.56 percent.
Statewide, Florida added 8,228 new COVID-19 infections on Friday through 11:59 p.m. with 41 new deaths. The one day positivity rate for Friday — statewide — is 6.79 percent.
931,828 people have tested positive for COVID-19 in Florida, 17,930 have died. 53,226 have been hospitalized.
In Palm Beach County, 61,305 people have tested positive for COVID-19. 1,648 have died. At least 4,430 have been hospitalized.
Yes, the Florida Department of Health reports significant increases in ER visits for COVID-19 in Florida and in Palm Beach County where there is a dangerous upward trend.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BUILDING COLLAPSE: List Of Everyone Who Owns In Champlain Towers
- Man Critically Injured At Boca Raton Wyndham Hotel, Sues
- MIAMI BEACH CONDO COLLAPSE: Rumors Spreading, Officials Say “Stop”
- National Hurricane Center: Tropical Depression Likely To Form
- I-95 In Boca Raton To Close Overnight Tonight
- Second DUI Arrest In Three Months For Boca’s Brooklyn Berman
- UPDATE: Boca Raton Police Respond To Shooting But Still Know Nothing
- HURRICANE CENTER: Wave Watching Continues, Another Expected To Form
- Delray Beach Father And Son Charged In Boynton Shooting, Witness Threat