BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The latest graphic from the Florida Department of Health reveals a significant increase in the number of people visiting Palm Beach County ER’s with COVID-like illness. While area emergency room and ICUs are holding at an acceptable level, the graphic suggests that Palm Beach County is in for a very difficult time ahead. As of mid-day Saturday, Palm Beach County’s ICU availability is 35.49 percent. Health officials say anything under 25 percent is potentially dangerous. There are currently 239 people in Palm Beach County hospitalized with COVID-19 as the “primary diagnosis.”
578 new COVID-19 infections were logged in Palm Beach County on Friday through 11:59 p.m. with one new death. The positivity rate for Friday alone is 6.56 percent.
Statewide, Florida added 8,228 new COVID-19 infections on Friday through 11:59 p.m. with 41 new deaths. The one day positivity rate for Friday — statewide — is 6.79 percent.
931,828 people have tested positive for COVID-19 in Florida, 17,930 have died. 53,226 have been hospitalized.
In Palm Beach County, 61,305 people have tested positive for COVID-19. 1,648 have died. At least 4,430 have been hospitalized.
Yes, the Florida Department of Health reports significant increases in ER visits for COVID-19 in Florida and in Palm Beach County where there is a dangerous upward trend.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Century Village Resident Jailed, Allegedly Stole $30K From Football League
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him
- Son Of Palm Beach County School Board Member Back In Jail
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW