Sick. Dying. Dead. Florida Dying. Governor DeSantis Not Commenting. Infections Rising.
UPDATE: 8:53am Monday, November 23rd: Better late than never. Florida DOH released the positivity rates for Saturday on Monday. Florida statewide one day: 6.60 percent. Palm Beach County one day: 6.06 percent.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida will cross a grim milestone on Monday when it passes 18,000 COVID-19 deaths, but Florida Governor Ron DeSantis continues to avoid public comment as the death and infection numbers rise. The Florida COVID body count as of Sunday evening is 17,991. Florida added 6,435 new COVID-19 cases on Saturday through 11:59 p.m. with 61 new deaths. The positivity rate was not released in the evening report from the Florida Department of Health which is now reporting numbers late in the day instead of in the morning.
In Palm Beach County, 471 new cases were added Saturday through 11:59 p.m. with no new deaths. The positivity rate for Palm Beach County was also not released in the initial report.
Statewide, at least 938,414 people have tested positive for COVID-19 with 17,991 deaths. 53,403 Florida residents have been hospitalized with COVID-19 issues.
In Palm Beach County, 61,776 people have tested positive for COVID-19 with 1,648 deaths. At least 4,395 residents have been hospitalized.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach