Neuvaneide Bezerra Killed. James Sullivan Charged.
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boynton Beach PD Verbatim Advisory) — Boynton Beach Police are investigating a traffic fatality that occurred just before 6 p.m. at the intersection of Ocean Avenue and Federal Highway.
Preliminary investigation has determined that a red Cadillac XT6 was traveling north on Federal Highway in the left turn lane. At the same time, a white 2005 Suzuki Motorcycle was traveling south on Federal Highway. As they both approached the intersection of Ocean Avenue, the Cadillac turned left, making contact with the motorcycle.
The motorcyclist, identified as Neuvaneide Bezerra, 58, of Deerfield Beach, was taken via trauma alert to a local hospital where she later died. The driver of the Cadillac, identified as Richard James Sullivan, 81, of Boynton Beach, was not injured.
Officers on scene detected an odor of an unknown alcoholic beverage emanating from Sullivan’s breath and conducted a DUI investigation. Sullivan was arrested for DUI.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.Sullivan
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Way Beyond Bagels Delray Says Eviction Notice Wrong Due To Rat Infestation
- Glades Road Now Completely Closed Until Monday Morning
- LYONS ROAD NIGHTMARE, CONSTRUCTION LIKELY TO CONTINUE INTO SUMMER
- STRANGER THINGS: Man With Slit Neck Found On Seven Bridges Tennis Court
- BOCA RATON: COMPLETE GLADES ROAD CLOSURE STARTS TONIGHT
- North Broward Crash Leaves One Person Dead, Circumstances Investigated
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Second Arrest Of Year Is Battery Charge
- Nursing School Scam Leads To Indictments For Palm Beach County Residents
- Life In Prison For Best Buy Delivery Man Who Killed, Burned Boca Raton Woman