Neuvaneide Bezerra Killed. James Sullivan Charged.
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boynton Beach PD Verbatim Advisory) — Boynton Beach Police are investigating a traffic fatality that occurred just before 6 p.m. at the intersection of Ocean Avenue and Federal Highway.
Preliminary investigation has determined that a red Cadillac XT6 was traveling north on Federal Highway in the left turn lane. At the same time, a white 2005 Suzuki Motorcycle was traveling south on Federal Highway. As they both approached the intersection of Ocean Avenue, the Cadillac turned left, making contact with the motorcycle.
The motorcyclist, identified as Neuvaneide Bezerra, 58, of Deerfield Beach, was taken via trauma alert to a local hospital where she later died. The driver of the Cadillac, identified as Richard James Sullivan, 81, of Boynton Beach, was not injured.
Officers on scene detected an odor of an unknown alcoholic beverage emanating from Sullivan’s breath and conducted a DUI investigation. Sullivan was arrested for DUI.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.Sullivan
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical
- NO BIG DEAL: Looks Like System Is Dissipating
- Delray Beach Bartender Charged With DUI
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested