Neuvaneide Bezerra Killed. James Sullivan Charged.
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boynton Beach PD Verbatim Advisory) — Boynton Beach Police are investigating a traffic fatality that occurred just before 6 p.m. at the intersection of Ocean Avenue and Federal Highway.
Preliminary investigation has determined that a red Cadillac XT6 was traveling north on Federal Highway in the left turn lane. At the same time, a white 2005 Suzuki Motorcycle was traveling south on Federal Highway. As they both approached the intersection of Ocean Avenue, the Cadillac turned left, making contact with the motorcycle.
The motorcyclist, identified as Neuvaneide Bezerra, 58, of Deerfield Beach, was taken via trauma alert to a local hospital where she later died. The driver of the Cadillac, identified as Richard James Sullivan, 81, of Boynton Beach, was not injured.
Officers on scene detected an odor of an unknown alcoholic beverage emanating from Sullivan’s breath and conducted a DUI investigation. Sullivan was arrested for DUI.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.Sullivan
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TROPICAL WAVES EAST OF FLORIDA GROWING, HURRICANE CENTER WATCHING CLOSELY
- STUNNING FORM TO BE APPROVED BY PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- ROTELLI BOCA RATON: “MOLD-LIKE SUBSTANCE” LEADS TO WARNING
- Complete Update On Hurricane Ian Recovery Efforts In Florida
- IS NEW TROPICAL WAVE FOLLOWING HURRICANE IAN’S PATH?
- I-75 Now Open, But FHP Warns Of Other Road Closures Due To Hurricane Ian
- Delray Beach Man Arrested For Boating Under The Influence
- NEW TROPICAL SYSTEM: 70 Percent Chance New Wave Becomes Depression East Of Florida
- I-75 COMPLETELY CLOSED DUE TO HURRICANE IAN