Neuvaneide Bezerra Killed. James Sullivan Charged.
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boynton Beach PD Verbatim Advisory) — Boynton Beach Police are investigating a traffic fatality that occurred just before 6 p.m. at the intersection of Ocean Avenue and Federal Highway.
Preliminary investigation has determined that a red Cadillac XT6 was traveling north on Federal Highway in the left turn lane. At the same time, a white 2005 Suzuki Motorcycle was traveling south on Federal Highway. As they both approached the intersection of Ocean Avenue, the Cadillac turned left, making contact with the motorcycle.
The motorcyclist, identified as Neuvaneide Bezerra, 58, of Deerfield Beach, was taken via trauma alert to a local hospital where she later died. The driver of the Cadillac, identified as Richard James Sullivan, 81, of Boynton Beach, was not injured.
Officers on scene detected an odor of an unknown alcoholic beverage emanating from Sullivan’s breath and conducted a DUI investigation. Sullivan was arrested for DUI.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine System Didn’t Crash, More Available Friday
- PUBLIX COVID VACCINE: Palm Beach County Seniors Call System “Disaster”
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Laundromat Blaze
- PUBLIX COVID SHOTS: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Palm Beach School District Nears 1800 COVID Cases
- ALOHA FOOD SHACK: Palm Beach County To Investigate COVID Violations
- DARWINISM: Motorcyclist Pops A Wheelie, Hits Boca Man, Dies
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Jumps
- Expect 100,000 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County By Weekend