Number Of Patients With Primary Diagnosis Of COVID-19 Highest In Months
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There are at least 259 people hospitalized in Palm Beach County with the “primary diagnosis of COVID-19,” according to the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration. The report is accurate as of 7:16 a.m. Monday, November 23rd, 2020.
The patient count is the highest seen in Palm Beach County in months. The number of COVID-19 patients was in the low 100s just weeks ago. It has steadily risen in November, with a significant jump of at least 20 over the past several days. The inpatient count does not include patients currently in an ER or other urgent care center — these are patients who are currently admitted in a Palm Beach County hospital with a primary diagnosis of COVID.
Palm Beach County trails neighboring Miami-Dade County (517 hospitalized) and Broward County (355 hospitalized). At least 3,611 people are currently hospitalized in Florida for COVID-19.
The available ICU bed count in Palm Beach County remains acceptable, with 35.41-percent of ICU beds open at area hospitals. Healthcare officials say anything under 25-percent availability is a problem.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TWO TROPICAL WAVES EXPECTED TO BECOME DEPRESSIONS WITHIN DAYS
- WE’RE CONFUSED: Lee County Opposed Mask Mandates, But Angry Over No Evacuation Order?
- POLICE INVESTIGATE DRIVE-BY GEL GUN ATTACK IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH
- North Carolina Woman Drives On Rims In Boca Raton, Is Arrested For DUI
- PALM BEACH COUNTY REAL ESTATE MARKET TANKS
- WHAT’S IT DOING? New Tropical Wave Meandering, But Growing, South Of Florida
- Deputy Shoots Pit Bull But Bullet Travels Through Dog Into Another Deputy
- CHILD LEFT AT SCHOOL HE DOESN’T ATTEND, PARENTS CAN’T BE FOUND
- STUNNING FORM TO BE APPROVED BY PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS