Number Of Patients With Primary Diagnosis Of COVID-19 Highest In Months
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There are at least 259 people hospitalized in Palm Beach County with the “primary diagnosis of COVID-19,” according to the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration. The report is accurate as of 7:16 a.m. Monday, November 23rd, 2020.
The patient count is the highest seen in Palm Beach County in months. The number of COVID-19 patients was in the low 100s just weeks ago. It has steadily risen in November, with a significant jump of at least 20 over the past several days. The inpatient count does not include patients currently in an ER or other urgent care center — these are patients who are currently admitted in a Palm Beach County hospital with a primary diagnosis of COVID.
Palm Beach County trails neighboring Miami-Dade County (517 hospitalized) and Broward County (355 hospitalized). At least 3,611 people are currently hospitalized in Florida for COVID-19.
The available ICU bed count in Palm Beach County remains acceptable, with 35.41-percent of ICU beds open at area hospitals. Healthcare officials say anything under 25-percent availability is a problem.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Way Beyond Bagels Delray Says Eviction Notice Wrong Due To Rat Infestation
- Glades Road Now Completely Closed Until Monday Morning
- LYONS ROAD NIGHTMARE, CONSTRUCTION LIKELY TO CONTINUE INTO SUMMER
- STRANGER THINGS: Man With Slit Neck Found On Seven Bridges Tennis Court
- BOCA RATON: COMPLETE GLADES ROAD CLOSURE STARTS TONIGHT
- North Broward Crash Leaves One Person Dead, Circumstances Investigated
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Second Arrest Of Year Is Battery Charge
- Nursing School Scam Leads To Indictments For Palm Beach County Residents
- Life In Prison For Best Buy Delivery Man Who Killed, Burned Boca Raton Woman