Number Of Patients With Primary Diagnosis Of COVID-19 Highest In Months
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There are at least 259 people hospitalized in Palm Beach County with the “primary diagnosis of COVID-19,” according to the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration. The report is accurate as of 7:16 a.m. Monday, November 23rd, 2020.
The patient count is the highest seen in Palm Beach County in months. The number of COVID-19 patients was in the low 100s just weeks ago. It has steadily risen in November, with a significant jump of at least 20 over the past several days. The inpatient count does not include patients currently in an ER or other urgent care center — these are patients who are currently admitted in a Palm Beach County hospital with a primary diagnosis of COVID.
Palm Beach County trails neighboring Miami-Dade County (517 hospitalized) and Broward County (355 hospitalized). At least 3,611 people are currently hospitalized in Florida for COVID-19.
The available ICU bed count in Palm Beach County remains acceptable, with 35.41-percent of ICU beds open at area hospitals. Healthcare officials say anything under 25-percent availability is a problem.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Elevator Blaze
- Palm Beach County ICU’s Packed, COVID Count Rising
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Tinder Leads To Battery Charge For Boca Realtor
- HORRIBLE: FLORIDA PASSES 25,000 DEATHS AS DESANTIS PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT
- Mizner Country Club GM Says Club Not Involved In Drug Sales
- Two In West Boca Home Jailed On Drug Charges
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again