Nearly 1,000,000 Infections In Florida.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — More than 18,000 people have died from COVID-19 in Florida since the pandemic began, yet Florida Governor Ron DeSantis continues his code of silence by not acknowledging the death toll. He continues to work against local governments by prohibiting fines and other penalties from being levied against individuals who refuse to wear masks or comply with other rules and restrictions. Local governments do have the power to take action against businesses. Palm Beach County’s COVID Education and Compliance Team continues unannounced inspections.
Florida, officially, has now lost 18,085 people to COVID-19. The total infection count is 944,745. At least 53,499 people have been hospitalized for COVID-19 issues in Florida. The infection count increased by 6,080 on Sunday through 11:59 p.m. The death count increased by 94. The one day positivity rate for Sunday’s tests is 7.01 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 452 new COVID-19 infections were recorded on Sunday with 11 new deaths. The positivity rate for Sunday is 6.42 percent. There are now a total of 62,278 COVID-19 infections in Palm Beach County with 1,659 deaths.
The pediatric positivty rate for Palm Beach County is holding at an astronomically high 11.5 percent. The Florida Department of Health defines anyone 18 or under as “pediatric.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates