Nearly 1,000,000 Infections In Florida.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — More than 18,000 people have died from COVID-19 in Florida since the pandemic began, yet Florida Governor Ron DeSantis continues his code of silence by not acknowledging the death toll. He continues to work against local governments by prohibiting fines and other penalties from being levied against individuals who refuse to wear masks or comply with other rules and restrictions. Local governments do have the power to take action against businesses. Palm Beach County’s COVID Education and Compliance Team continues unannounced inspections.
Florida, officially, has now lost 18,085 people to COVID-19. The total infection count is 944,745. At least 53,499 people have been hospitalized for COVID-19 issues in Florida. The infection count increased by 6,080 on Sunday through 11:59 p.m. The death count increased by 94. The one day positivity rate for Sunday’s tests is 7.01 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 452 new COVID-19 infections were recorded on Sunday with 11 new deaths. The positivity rate for Sunday is 6.42 percent. There are now a total of 62,278 COVID-19 infections in Palm Beach County with 1,659 deaths.
The pediatric positivty rate for Palm Beach County is holding at an astronomically high 11.5 percent. The Florida Department of Health defines anyone 18 or under as “pediatric.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days
- Boca Raton Gym Sued For $1M In Rent
- COVID Vaccine Distribution In Palm Beach County Is Worse Than You Think
- Shot, Mauled, Or Drowned? What Happened To This Boca Raton Cat?
- COVID Is Getting Worse In Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Animal Cruelty Charges
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Elevator Blaze
- Palm Beach County ICU’s Packed, COVID Count Rising