Hospital Admissions In Palm Beach County Are Increasing At Alarming Rate
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The hospital admission count for patients where “the primary diagnosis” is COVID-19 continues to rise at an alarming level. In the past 24 hours, at least 11 people in Palm Beach County were admitted to the hospital for COVID issues. That is one of the most significant increases we’ve seen in several months. The data is provided by the Florida Agency to Health Care Administration.
Earlier this month, the total COVID-19 hospital in-patient count was in the low 100s. As of 5:37 p.m. Tuesday, the number is 270. It is steadily increasing every day.
If there is any good news, it is that ICU capacity remains under control. Palm Beach County hospitals, collectively, have a 36.32-percent ICU availability rate as of 5:32 p.m. Tuesday. Health officials say the situation becomes dangerous at 25 percent availability. There are a few Palm Beach County hospitals that are in “danger” territory: Wellington is reporting 14.29 percent availability, St. Mary’s is reporting 20 percent availability, Palms West is reporting 16.67 percent. We stress that ICU numbers are constantly changing and can reflect anything from car accidents to COVID. The State of Florida does not report the specific reasons that patients are in an ICU. While ICU is an important metric, the number to watch is the COVID in-patient population.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates