LAZY? Department Of Health Unwilling To Update Florida Death, Infection Counts On Holiday. 18,254 Dead Already.
Death Doesn’t Take Day Off. Health Department Workers Do.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health announced within the past hour (7 p.m. Wednesday) that it will not release COVID-19 numbers on Thanksgiving. With more than 18,200 deaths, it appears that Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has decided that Thanksgiving should be a day that Florida ignores COVID-19 and the loved ones it has killed. While death won’t be taking the day off on Thanksgiving, those who prepare the daily reports apparently will. Some employees, however, will continue to work.
DeSantis has made no public comments regarding COVID-19 in more than a week.
Here is the official statement from the Florida DOH:
“Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, the Florida Department of Health will not be providing updates to the COVID-19 dashboard and COVID-19 daily reports tomorrow, November 26. The next update of these reports will be on Friday, November 27. Florida Department of Health staff, including the laboratory staff, contact tracing and other critical response teams will continue to work through the Thanksgiving holiday.
The next weekly COVID-19 Update will be issued Friday, November 27.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates