No Statement From Florida Governor Ron DeSantis As COVID Situation Worsens
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Health officials have long said that anything under 25 percent availability in the state’s hospital system is cause of serious concern. Presumably those officials are seriously concerned today. Florida’s Agency for Health Care Administration is now reporting an available capacity statewide of 24.13 percent.
In Palm Beach County, there’s not a crisis — yet. The county’s available capacity is 28.47 percent as of Wednesday morning at 6:16 a.m. But Broward County is in the danger zone with just 20.73 percent available capacity. Miami-Dade is showing 25.76 percent availability.
Larger Florida counties outside of South Florida are also in trouble. Sarasota County reports just 4.58 percent availability, Hillsborough County shows 19.43 percent availability.
Smaller counties in the state seem to be facing the most challenging hospital environment. Alachua County is hosting just 15.46 percent availability, Flagler County is showing 1.01 percent, Marion County reports 12.47 percent availability and St. Lucie shows 14.54 percent. Several counties have no availability at all. Among them: Hardee County, Columbia County and Calhoun County.
ICU availability tends to be slightly better than the “overall” report statewide, but only marginally in many locations.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 At Yamato To Close In Boca Raton
- Rocco’s Tacos Delray Beach Cited For Ten Violations During Health Inspection
- SEVEN BRIDGES HOMEOWNER WITH LACERATED NECK WAS FOUND COVERED IN WHITE POWDER
- TODAY: Diverging Diamond Opens At Glades Road And I-95 In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed, Allegedly Pointed Gun At Man, Bit Him On Neck
- FINAL COUNTDOWN: GLADES ROAD REMAINS CLOSED, DIVERGING DIAMOND OPENS MONDAY
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED: FATAL CRASH SOUTH OF BOCA RATON
- Man Killed, Shot Multiple Times According To Police
- Way Beyond Bagels Delray Says Eviction Notice Wrong Due To Rat Infestation