No Statement From Florida Governor Ron DeSantis As COVID Situation Worsens
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Health officials have long said that anything under 25 percent availability in the state’s hospital system is cause of serious concern. Presumably those officials are seriously concerned today. Florida’s Agency for Health Care Administration is now reporting an available capacity statewide of 24.13 percent.
In Palm Beach County, there’s not a crisis — yet. The county’s available capacity is 28.47 percent as of Wednesday morning at 6:16 a.m. But Broward County is in the danger zone with just 20.73 percent available capacity. Miami-Dade is showing 25.76 percent availability.
Larger Florida counties outside of South Florida are also in trouble. Sarasota County reports just 4.58 percent availability, Hillsborough County shows 19.43 percent availability.
Smaller counties in the state seem to be facing the most challenging hospital environment. Alachua County is hosting just 15.46 percent availability, Flagler County is showing 1.01 percent, Marion County reports 12.47 percent availability and St. Lucie shows 14.54 percent. Several counties have no availability at all. Among them: Hardee County, Columbia County and Calhoun County.
ICU availability tends to be slightly better than the “overall” report statewide, but only marginally in many locations.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge
- GL Homes Sued By HOA, Alleges Violation Of Florida Building Code
- COVID Hospitalizations Again Rising In Florida, Palm Beach County
- One Killed In Yamato Road Crash, Golf Cart Vs. Car
- UPDATE: Palm Beach County School District Explains FSA Requirement, Order
- CRITICAL CRASH: Yamato Road Closed, Car Hits Golf Cart
- BREAKING: FSA’S Do Not Count, State Says Mandatory Tests Not Required For Promotion
- Police Arrest 12-Year-Old For School Bomb Threat