No Statement From Florida Governor Ron DeSantis As COVID Situation Worsens
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Health officials have long said that anything under 25 percent availability in the state’s hospital system is cause of serious concern. Presumably those officials are seriously concerned today. Florida’s Agency for Health Care Administration is now reporting an available capacity statewide of 24.13 percent.
In Palm Beach County, there’s not a crisis — yet. The county’s available capacity is 28.47 percent as of Wednesday morning at 6:16 a.m. But Broward County is in the danger zone with just 20.73 percent available capacity. Miami-Dade is showing 25.76 percent availability.
Larger Florida counties outside of South Florida are also in trouble. Sarasota County reports just 4.58 percent availability, Hillsborough County shows 19.43 percent availability.
Smaller counties in the state seem to be facing the most challenging hospital environment. Alachua County is hosting just 15.46 percent availability, Flagler County is showing 1.01 percent, Marion County reports 12.47 percent availability and St. Lucie shows 14.54 percent. Several counties have no availability at all. Among them: Hardee County, Columbia County and Calhoun County.
ICU availability tends to be slightly better than the “overall” report statewide, but only marginally in many locations.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- ALERT: US27 CLOSED, DOUBLE FATAL CRASH NEAR ALLIGATOR ALLEY
- SEVEN BRIDGES SUED: Pool Company Claims $20,000 Balance, Poop Removal
- Boca Raton Mayor Scott Singer Reacts To School Shooting
- EVACUATION: Morikami Park Elementary School Evacuated
- Delray Beach Woman Dies In Crash Near Bocaire Country Club
- Corey Zeidman, Boca Raton Poker Pro, Indicted On Federal Fraud Charges
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH: ANOTHER HOMEOWNER HEADS TO FEDERAL PRISON
- BREAKING: TWO DEAD IN FIREY CRASH ON I-95, ROAD CLOSED
- Tri-Rail Train Hits, Kills Pedestrian Late Wednesday Morning In South Florida