BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Kinsa, the company behind the digital thermometer that accurately predicted COVID spread in the early days of the pandemic, has just elevated Florida to “critical.” The situation is expected to dramatically worsen over the next several weeks. The Kinsa “HealthWeather” map, as well as other anonymized data provided by the connected thermometer, is used by public officials to predict what may happen next. The Kinsa system is universally accepted as being exceptionally accurate. The news is not good.
This is the official language from Kinsa early Wednesday morning:
The HealthWeather Briefing aggregates insights from Kinsa’s network of smart thermometers and shares where we expect to see changes in COVID case counts and trajectories. Get your insights at a glance.
- Our data shows 44 states are at critical risk, up from 35 states last week. The recent additions include Virginia, Arizona, California and Florida.
- Nine of the top 10 states we’re projecting to have the largest rate of increases in COVID cases are coastal: Maine, Washington, California, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, DC, Georgia, Oregon. Arizona is the only state in the south west to join the top 10
- We expect to see the largest case growth in these populous counties: Erie County, NY, Marion County, IN, El Paso County, CO, Hennepin County, MN, Will County, IL
- Oklahoma and Nevada moved into the top five states we project to add the most cases
- Flu-like illness has increased in south-west Arizona, eastern New Mexico and much of west Texas.
- 53 parishes in Louisiana are at critical COVID risk compared to 23 from last week.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School
- Boca Raton Man Claims 800-Pack-Rat Sold His Stuff When Credit Card Expired
- Florida Teachers Slam DeSantis, Call On Him To Listen To Medical Professionals
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County Reinstates Mandatory Masking In Public Buildings
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog