BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health isn’t reporting numbers on Thanksgiving — apparently there’s no need to work in the midst of a pandemic — but Rebekah Jones and her COVID Action Community Dashboard team aren’t taking the day off. The dashboard now shows 1,052,924 COVID-19 infections in Florida. Jones also reports 18,482 deaths since March 1st.
[Reading in a news app? Click here for full story].
Jones is the highly respected data analyst fired by Florida Governor Ron DeSantis several months ago when she says he ordered her to suppress data. She refused. She’s suing as a whistleblower. Her team’s dashboard, culled from health department hospital data streams, is considered exceptionally accurate. Jones is frequently featured on all television news networks.
Governor DeSantis recently hired an anti-masking Uber driver to replace Rebekah Jones. Read the Washington Post’s coverage here.
The Florida Department of Health reported Wednesday that it would not report numbers on Thanksgiving, despite surging death and infection counts statewide.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Century Village Resident Jailed, Allegedly Stole $30K From Football League
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him
- Son Of Palm Beach County School Board Member Back In Jail
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW