BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health isn’t reporting numbers on Thanksgiving — apparently there’s no need to work in the midst of a pandemic — but Rebekah Jones and her COVID Action Community Dashboard team aren’t taking the day off. The dashboard now shows 1,052,924 COVID-19 infections in Florida. Jones also reports 18,482 deaths since March 1st.
[Reading in a news app? Click here for full story].
Jones is the highly respected data analyst fired by Florida Governor Ron DeSantis several months ago when she says he ordered her to suppress data. She refused. She’s suing as a whistleblower. Her team’s dashboard, culled from health department hospital data streams, is considered exceptionally accurate. Jones is frequently featured on all television news networks.
Governor DeSantis recently hired an anti-masking Uber driver to replace Rebekah Jones. Read the Washington Post’s coverage here.
The Florida Department of Health reported Wednesday that it would not report numbers on Thanksgiving, despite surging death and infection counts statewide.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud
- Delray Beach, Boca Raton Real Estate Prices Soar, Inventory Drops
- No School Friday, Palm Beach County Schools To Close For Students
- Delray Beach Woman Facing Fraud, Drug Charges