BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Atlantic Hurricane Season ends in just days, but two systems that are forming in the Atlantic don’t seem to care. The systems, represented by the yellow ovals above, are being monitored by meteorologists at the National Hurricane Center. The system closest to he United States mainland is unlikely to affect South Florida weather, but the future of the system further out is unclear — it is heading to the south which means it could enter warmer waters and grow.
[Reading in a news app? Click here for full story].
The next two system names are Kappa and Lambda.
From the National Hurricane Center:
Tropical Weather Outlook NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL 700 AM EST Thu Nov 26 2020 For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico: 1. A frontal low pressure system is located several hundred miles southeast of Bermuda. The low is forecast to interact with an upper-level trough today and could acquire some subtropical characteristics during the next day or two while it drifts south-southwestward. Environmental conditions are expected to become unfavorable for further development by the weekend. * Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent. * Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent. 2. A non-tropical area of low pressure is expected to form over the far eastern Atlantic during the weekend. This system could gradually gain subtropical characteristics while it moves slowly southward through early next week. * Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent. * Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent. Forecaster Beven
There are two systems being watched by forecasters at the National Hurricane Center on Thanksgiving Day, 2020. There is no indication that these systems will reach hurricane strength, or even form into named storms.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BUILDING COLLAPSE: List Of Everyone Who Owns In Champlain Towers
- Man Critically Injured At Boca Raton Wyndham Hotel, Sues
- MIAMI BEACH CONDO COLLAPSE: Rumors Spreading, Officials Say “Stop”
- National Hurricane Center: Tropical Depression Likely To Form
- I-95 In Boca Raton To Close Overnight Tonight
- Second DUI Arrest In Three Months For Boca’s Brooklyn Berman
- UPDATE: Boca Raton Police Respond To Shooting But Still Know Nothing
- HURRICANE CENTER: Wave Watching Continues, Another Expected To Form
- Delray Beach Father And Son Charged In Boynton Shooting, Witness Threat