BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida added a recent record number of new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday, according to data just released by the Florida Department of Health. 10,154 new COVID-19 cases were logged on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m., with 6,674 new cases added on Thanksgiving. Florida did not release new numbers on Thanksgiving day, opting instead to release two days of data on Friday.
[Reading in a news app? Click here for full story].
The death count also rose significantly. Florida added 109 new deaths over the past two days.
The positivity rate for Wednesday’s tests is reported as 6.67 percent, the statewide positivity for tests recorded on Thanksgiving is 6.20 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 599 new COVID-19 infections were recorded on Wednesday and 523 on Thursday. The death count rose by 6 over two days. The positivity rates for Palm Beach County are reported as 5.38 percent on Wednesday and 5.58 percent on Thursday.
Total numbers: 64,300 COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County with 1,676 deaths and 4,478 hospitalizations. Statewide, 979,021 have tested positive for COVID-19. 18,363 have died. At least 54,467 have been hospitalized. (We reported yesterday that Rebekah Jones — founder of the Florida COVID Action Community Dashboard — reports that Florida passed the one million case mark earlier this week).
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car
- Woman Kills Federal Judge, Injures Boy In Boca Raton Crash
- More COVID Problems Florida, Positivity Rate Jumps Again
- Flying? Major Delays, Canceled Flights At FLL Today
- Significant Weather Advisory In Effect
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge