BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida added a recent record number of new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday, according to data just released by the Florida Department of Health. 10,154 new COVID-19 cases were logged on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m., with 6,674 new cases added on Thanksgiving. Florida did not release new numbers on Thanksgiving day, opting instead to release two days of data on Friday.
[Reading in a news app? Click here for full story].
The death count also rose significantly. Florida added 109 new deaths over the past two days.
The positivity rate for Wednesday’s tests is reported as 6.67 percent, the statewide positivity for tests recorded on Thanksgiving is 6.20 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 599 new COVID-19 infections were recorded on Wednesday and 523 on Thursday. The death count rose by 6 over two days. The positivity rates for Palm Beach County are reported as 5.38 percent on Wednesday and 5.58 percent on Thursday.
Total numbers: 64,300 COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County with 1,676 deaths and 4,478 hospitalizations. Statewide, 979,021 have tested positive for COVID-19. 18,363 have died. At least 54,467 have been hospitalized. (We reported yesterday that Rebekah Jones — founder of the Florida COVID Action Community Dashboard — reports that Florida passed the one million case mark earlier this week).
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CLAIM: Redcon1 Founder, Federal Felon Aaron Singerman To Be Released From Prison
- Three Arrested In Yom Kippur Anti-Semitic Vandalism
- HURRICANE SEASON ENDS: HOW CLOSE WERE THE PREDICTIONS TO REALITY?
- Computer Issue Hampers Boca Raton Regional Hospital Wednesday
- Boca Raton Woman Arrested After Incident Outside Renzo’s Pizza
- Woodfield Country Club Homeowners Sue Neighbors For Fraud
- City Of Boca Raton Appoints New City Council Member
- SKETCH RELEASED: I-95 SHOOTING LEFT THREE INJURED, INCLUDING CHILD
- LAWSUIT: Avante Boca Raton Nursing Home Patient Breaks Leg After Hit By Cart