Florida Agency For Health Care Administration Says ICU Availability Plummeting
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — ICU availability in Palm Beach County has taken a dramatic turn for the worse. As of Friday morning at 6:15 a.m., the adult ICU availability is just 26.91 percent — that is a nearly 10 point decrease in availability in just over a day. We reported Wednesday that ICU availability in Palm Beach County was in the mid-30s. Health officials say the danger line is 25 percent.
Broward County Friday morning is reporting just 21.23-percent ICU availability.
Notable area hospitals: Delray Medical Center reports 40 ICU patients with 11 available ICU beds.
West Boca Raton Medical Center reports 12 ICU patients with 4 available ICU beds.
Bethesda West reports 8 ICU patients with 2 available ICU beds.
JFK Medical Center reports 9 ICU patients with 1 available ICU bed.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 22 ICU patients with 19 available ICU beds.
The number of COVID-19 patients in Palm Beach County also continues to rise significantly. It’s now 268. It was 259 on Thursday and in the 240s earlier this week. The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration says these patients have “a primary diagnosis of COVID-19.”
Overall, Palm Beach County hospital availability — this includes general rooms for non-critical care — is hovering at 30-percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car
- Woman Kills Federal Judge, Injures Boy In Boca Raton Crash
- More COVID Problems Florida, Positivity Rate Jumps Again
- Flying? Major Delays, Canceled Flights At FLL Today
- Significant Weather Advisory In Effect
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge