Florida Agency For Health Care Administration Says ICU Availability Plummeting
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — ICU availability in Palm Beach County has taken a dramatic turn for the worse. As of Friday morning at 6:15 a.m., the adult ICU availability is just 26.91 percent — that is a nearly 10 point decrease in availability in just over a day. We reported Wednesday that ICU availability in Palm Beach County was in the mid-30s. Health officials say the danger line is 25 percent.
Broward County Friday morning is reporting just 21.23-percent ICU availability.
Notable area hospitals: Delray Medical Center reports 40 ICU patients with 11 available ICU beds.
West Boca Raton Medical Center reports 12 ICU patients with 4 available ICU beds.
Bethesda West reports 8 ICU patients with 2 available ICU beds.
JFK Medical Center reports 9 ICU patients with 1 available ICU bed.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 22 ICU patients with 19 available ICU beds.
The number of COVID-19 patients in Palm Beach County also continues to rise significantly. It’s now 268. It was 259 on Thursday and in the 240s earlier this week. The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration says these patients have “a primary diagnosis of COVID-19.”
Overall, Palm Beach County hospital availability — this includes general rooms for non-critical care — is hovering at 30-percent.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- REMINDER: SKIP “GO FUND ME,” FOR IAN DONATIONS, STICK TO LEGIT CHARITIES
- Two South Palm Beach County Parks To Remain Closed Until Saturday
- Crash Leaves Pedestrian Dead In North Broward County
- All Palm Beach County Operations Return To Normal On Friday
- Palm Beach County Schools Reopen Friday
- Tropical Storm Warning Canceled For Palm Beach County
- Tropical Storm Warning Remains In Effect Until Early Afternoon In Palm Beach County
- 17-Year-Old Enters Water In Highland Beach During Ian, Needs Rescue
- TORNADO KINGS POINT: Images From Restricted Area