Significant Rise In Number Of Hospitalized Patients With Primary Diagnosis of COVID-19
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The number of patients hospitalized for COVID-19 in Palm Beach County continues to rise with notable speed. The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration reports 284 patients are hospitalized with “the primary diagnosis of COVID-19” as of 9:30 Saturday morning (November 28, 2020). That is a sharp increase from 269 on Friday, 259 on Thursday and the 240s earlier this week.
[Reading in a news app? Click here for full story].
In Palm Beach County, ICU availability continues to decline. It’s 29.70 percent as of early Saturday morning. The danger line, according to health officials, is 25 percent. If you include ICU and non-ICU (general care) beds, the Palm Beach County hospital available capacity is 32 percent.
Broward County’s overall hospital availability is 25.43 percent. Miami-Dade is reporting 31.41 percent availability.
Medical professionals tend to agree that a brief pullback in numbers is expected over the next several days, then a dramatic increase in infections, hospitalizations and deaths is expected as those who traveled for Thanksgiving and took part in unsafe behavior become sick.
While overall availability in Florida hospitals is in the area of 29 percent, ICU availability is decrease statewide, with notable rises in Palm Beach County, Broward County and Miami-Dade County. In Palm Beach County, the number of people hospitalized with a COVID-19 diagnosis has risen steadily over the past several days.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRIAL SET IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH CASE, MAGISTRATE BLASTS HOA ATTORNEYS
- Shooting In Boca Reserve Not Criminal, According To Police
- Boca Raton Woman Faces Six Years In Federal Prison On Illegal Boating Indictment
- Boca Raton Man, On Moped, Killed In Crash
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Neglect After Toddler Abused, Images Uploaded
- Boca Raton Man Tries To Avoid, But Kills, Hollywood Man Illegally Crossing Street
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 SHUT SOUTHBOUND IN BROWARD COUNTY