James Gilliard Was Allegedly Engaged In Drug Transaction When He Was Shot, Killed. Read The Complete Affidavit of Probable Cause.
PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The shooting death of Palm Beach County Fire Captain James Gilliard was apparently more nefarious than the accidental gun discharge initially reported by police. Gilliard was allegedly involved in the illegal distribution of prescription drugs and had an elevated level of drugs in his system at the time of his death.
[Reading in a news app? Click here for full story].
The shooter, Jay Rind, told police that he was showing Gilliard a gun when it discharged. But weeks later, police and prosecutors revealed there is much more to the story.
We are publishing the entire, updated probable cause affidavit just filed by the Palm Beach County State Attorney.
If you are reading this in a news app and the PDF does not appear, please click here for the full document. We remind our readers that probable cause affidavits are public under Florida statute.
This five page affidavit was filed by the office the State Attorney and is a part of the court filing. Jail records suggest that Rind is currently out of jail on bond from the original charge of “improper exhibition of of firearm or dangerous weapon.” It was not immediately clear if he was — or will be — rebooked on the elevated charge of “homicide — negligent manslaughter” which has been added to the jail record and shows a $20,000 bond.502020CF009000AXXXMB_42
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach Post Editor Sends Expletive Filled Email To Our Newsroom
- Are City of Boca Raton Restaurants, Stores Safe From COVID?
- FLORIDA: Another 205 Dead From COVID In One Day, Now 24K Deaths
- Boynton Beach Cops Nab Gun Waving Perps
- JAIL: Delray Beach Man Charged With Robbery, Assault
- Maskless Woman Arrested In Boca Raton Einstein Bagel
- FLORIDA NATIONAL GUARD ACTIVATED
- What Is The City Of Boca Raton Hiding About COVID?
- COVID Testing To End At South County Civic Center