Incident Happened Just Months Before Omni Middle School Beating Caught On Camera
PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A violent attack at an area high school that allegedly left a child critically injured is now leading to a lawsuit against the Palm Beach County School Board.
According to the suit, the child was enrolled at Palm Beach Gardens Community High School which “has a duty to safeguard (the student) from harm by supervising her and other classmates at all times.”
[Reading in a news app? Click here for full story].
“In October and November 2019,” states the legal filing, “(the tide to) was attacked and severely beaten up at school by other students, one of the times which was horrifically caught on video. Prior to October/November 2019, (the student’s) mother and grandmother had complained to the School District of Palm Beach County’s representatives, including the Principal, Dr. Don Hoffman, that the Plaintiff was being bullied prior to the attack. They made multiple complaints to the School District of Palm Beach County…in fact, the mother and grandmother were told that there was gang activity at the school (which was among) the responsible parties.”
The lawsuit comes as the investigation continues into a highly publicized bullying incident caught on camera at Omni Middle School in February. Read our coverage and see video of that incident here.
Read the complete lawsuit below. If you are reading in a news app, use this link to read the filing.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Doc Claims Reputation Firm Posted Fake Reviews
- West Boca Raton Woman Jailed On Drug, Fraud Charges
- Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Completely Close
- Fired Elementary School Kitchen Worker To Receive $125K
- MONDAY: Will Boca Regional Hospital Spread COVID-19 With Fundraising Events?
- Hospital Bed Availability In Palm Beach County Plummets
- NOT A COP: Delray Beach Man Charged With Impersonating Law Enforcement
- FLORIDA: Man Sues Car Wash, Surprised It’s Slippery When Wet
- SCAM? Cops Bust Contractor, Ask Potential Palm Beach County Victims To Call