BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health reports that another 7,179 confirmed COVID-19 cases were logged on Saturday, statewide, through 11:59 p.m. The death count increased by 58. The positivity rate ascended to 7.85 percent for the tests reported on Saturday.
In Palm Beach County, 331 new COVID-19 cases were logged on Saturday with no new deaths, according to the Florida Department of Health. The positivity rate jumped from 5.95 percent to 7.06 percent.
Florida has now recorded at least 992,661 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with 18,500 deaths. At least 54,706 people have been hospitalized for COVID-19 issues in Florida.
In Palm Beach County, at least 65,011 have tested positive for COVID-19 with 1,678 deaths. At least 4,493 people have been hospitalized in Palm Beach County for COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days
- Boca Raton Gym Sued For $1M In Rent
- COVID Vaccine Distribution In Palm Beach County Is Worse Than You Think
- Shot, Mauled, Or Drowned? What Happened To This Boca Raton Cat?
- COVID Is Getting Worse In Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Animal Cruelty Charges
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Elevator Blaze
- Palm Beach County ICU’s Packed, COVID Count Rising