BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health reports that another 7,179 confirmed COVID-19 cases were logged on Saturday, statewide, through 11:59 p.m. The death count increased by 58. The positivity rate ascended to 7.85 percent for the tests reported on Saturday.
In Palm Beach County, 331 new COVID-19 cases were logged on Saturday with no new deaths, according to the Florida Department of Health. The positivity rate jumped from 5.95 percent to 7.06 percent.
Florida has now recorded at least 992,661 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with 18,500 deaths. At least 54,706 people have been hospitalized for COVID-19 issues in Florida.
In Palm Beach County, at least 65,011 have tested positive for COVID-19 with 1,678 deaths. At least 4,493 people have been hospitalized in Palm Beach County for COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates