BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There are now at least 285 people hospitalized in Palm Beach County with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19,” according to the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration. That is an increase of at least 40 over the course of the just ended week. It is the fastest in-patient increase in months. It is representative of the worsening COVID-19 situation in Florida.
[Reading in a news app? Click here for full story].
In Florida statewide, 6,155 new COVID-19 cases were added on Friday and reported late Saturday. The statewide positivity rate based on Friday’s testing is 7.14 percent. The total death count in Florida is now 18,442. The total number of people hospitalized is now 54,591 since the pandemic began. The total infection count in Florida has risen to 985,297.
In Palm Beach County, 349 new COVID-19 infections were recorded on Friday, bringing the county total to 64,670. The death count for Palm Beach County is now 1,678. The one-day positivity rate for Palm Beach County on Friday is reported as 5.54 percent. At least 4,486 people in Palm Beach County have been hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates