Teacher In-Service Day Remains On The Calendar For December 4th, 2020
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School District is sticking with its plan to use this coming Friday, December, 4th, as a teacher in-service day. That means no school — distance or in person — for the school district’s 180,000 students. Teachers will use the day for planning. This follows the complete closure of the school district for the entire Thanksgiving week.
[Reading in a news app? Click here for full story].
The school district started instruction several weeks late this year due to COVID-19 and the inability of administration to have a workable plan as the school year was originally set to get underway. Superintendent Dr. Donald Fennoy came under fire — and continues to be criticized — for administrative and management issues under his watch.
Normally complete in May, the Palm Beach County School District school year now continues until June 18th for students. The last day for teachers is June 21.
Friday is the final day off for students until winter break starts on December 21st. Students are off for winter break until January 4th.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days
- Boca Raton Gym Sued For $1M In Rent
- COVID Vaccine Distribution In Palm Beach County Is Worse Than You Think
- Shot, Mauled, Or Drowned? What Happened To This Boca Raton Cat?
- COVID Is Getting Worse In Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Animal Cruelty Charges
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Elevator Blaze
- Palm Beach County ICU’s Packed, COVID Count Rising