At Least 4,159 People Are Now Hospitalized In Florida For COVID-19.
18,600 DEAD FROM COVID IN FLORIDA.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Monday said he will issue no mask orders nor will he shut down businesses in the state. He also said masks may be of little value and that social distancing isn’t needed. DeSantis made the comments as Florida reported a total of 999,319 COVID-19 cases after 6486 were logged on Sunday. The death count is now 18,597. At least 54,864 people have been hospitalized for COVID-19 in Florida. The positivity rate in the state jumped to 8.40 percent on Sunday.
In Palm Beach County, 353 new cases were added on Sunday, bringing the total to 65,372 with 1,695 deaths. At least 4,499 people have been hospitalized in Palm Beach County and the positivity rate on Sunday jumped to 7.56 percent.
There are now 293 people hospitalized in Palm Beach County with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19,” according to the Florida Agency for Health Care Administrative. Statewide, at least 4,159 people are currently in a Florida hospital for COVID-19.
Florida is expected to officially hit the 1,000,000 case mark today, with numbers to be reported on Tuesday.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Obesity Clinic Sued Over Unsolicited Text Messages
- DEAD RISING: Florida’s COVID Death Count Rises By 137 In One Day
- POLICE: Husband Assaults Pregnant Wife In Boca Raton Bar
- South Palm Beach County Hospitals Filling With COVID Patients
- COVID CRISIS: Aloha Food Shack Packed, Boca Officials Do Nothing
- Palm Beach Schools Closed Monday
- Palm Beach Post Editor Sends Expletive Filled Email To Our Newsroom
- Are City of Boca Raton Restaurants, Stores Safe From COVID?
- FLORIDA: Another 205 Dead From COVID In One Day, Now 24K Deaths