Back Raton Community High Reports 26 COVID-19 Cases, Calusa Elementary 18
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Students and teachers in the Palm Beach County School District return to school today as the number of COVID-19 cases continues to climb.
When school ended on November 22nd, the district reported 753 cases. Even with no school in session and the district closed, additional cases were reported over the past week. The count now stands at 785 — with 442 student infections and 343 employee infections.
[Reading in a news app? Click here for full story].
Health officials fear a dramatic increase over the next few weeks, as families that disregarded CDC guidance by hosting Thanksgiving gatherings or traveling will send sick kids to school. As we’ve reported multiple times, Palm Beach County School District officials say they are frustrated that parents send children with obvious COVID-19 symptoms to school, forcing teachers to send them to school nurses who isolate the children until parents return to pick them up. The school district has initiated several “robo calls” reminding parents that children with any illness — even a cold — must stay home.
Boca Raton-area schools are among the schools with the highest number of infections. Boca Raton Community High School reports 26 COVID-19 cases. Calusa Elementary now reports 18. We’ll resume publishing the complete list on Tuesday.
Students are off this Friday for a teacher in-service day. Winter break begins December 21st. Parents will soon have to commit to either “distance learning” or “in person education” for the remainder of the school year.
Roughly 60 percent of the district’s 180,000 student population continues to take part in “distance learning.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates