BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Guy La Ferrera’s International Design — a high-end clothing shop — has been a tenant at Boca Center for more than two decades. But a lawsuit just filed by Boca Center reveals that Guy La Ferrera owes $119,943.95 in back rent.
[Reading in a news app? Click here for full story].
Based on the lease agreement, which you can read in its entirety below, Guy La Ferrera was charged $10,938 each month in 2016, $11,321 each month in 2017, $11,717 each month in 2018, $12,127 each month in 2019, and $12,553 each month in 2020. While a rent reduction, based on sales, was applicable for part of 2020, it appears that no rent payment has been made in months.
“Defendant has possession of a portion of the property designated as Suite 227, 5050 Town Center Circle, Boca Raton, pursuant to the terms of that certain Shopping Center Lease Agreement dated August 18, 1999,” states the lawsuit. “Plaintiff served Defendant with a Notice of Default, Demand to Cure and Acceleration of Rent dated November 4th, 2020, demanding that Defendant pay rent. Defendant refused to make payment.”
The lawsuit was filed on November 25, 2020. There has been no response filed by Guy La Ferrera with the Palm Beach County Clerk of Courts.Boca-Center-Lawsuit
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car
- Woman Kills Federal Judge, Injures Boy In Boca Raton Crash
- More COVID Problems Florida, Positivity Rate Jumps Again
- Flying? Major Delays, Canceled Flights At FLL Today
- Significant Weather Advisory In Effect
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge