BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Guy La Ferrera’s International Design — a high-end clothing shop — has been a tenant at Boca Center for more than two decades. But a lawsuit just filed by Boca Center reveals that Guy La Ferrera owes $119,943.95 in back rent.
[Reading in a news app? Click here for full story].
Based on the lease agreement, which you can read in its entirety below, Guy La Ferrera was charged $10,938 each month in 2016, $11,321 each month in 2017, $11,717 each month in 2018, $12,127 each month in 2019, and $12,553 each month in 2020. While a rent reduction, based on sales, was applicable for part of 2020, it appears that no rent payment has been made in months.
“Defendant has possession of a portion of the property designated as Suite 227, 5050 Town Center Circle, Boca Raton, pursuant to the terms of that certain Shopping Center Lease Agreement dated August 18, 1999,” states the lawsuit. “Plaintiff served Defendant with a Notice of Default, Demand to Cure and Acceleration of Rent dated November 4th, 2020, demanding that Defendant pay rent. Defendant refused to make payment.”
The lawsuit was filed on November 25, 2020. There has been no response filed by Guy La Ferrera with the Palm Beach County Clerk of Courts.Boca-Center-Lawsuit
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates