BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Guy La Ferrera’s International Design — a high-end clothing shop — has been a tenant at Boca Center for more than two decades. But a lawsuit just filed by Boca Center reveals that Guy La Ferrera owes $119,943.95 in back rent.
[Reading in a news app? Click here for full story].
Based on the lease agreement, which you can read in its entirety below, Guy La Ferrera was charged $10,938 each month in 2016, $11,321 each month in 2017, $11,717 each month in 2018, $12,127 each month in 2019, and $12,553 each month in 2020. While a rent reduction, based on sales, was applicable for part of 2020, it appears that no rent payment has been made in months.
“Defendant has possession of a portion of the property designated as Suite 227, 5050 Town Center Circle, Boca Raton, pursuant to the terms of that certain Shopping Center Lease Agreement dated August 18, 1999,” states the lawsuit. “Plaintiff served Defendant with a Notice of Default, Demand to Cure and Acceleration of Rent dated November 4th, 2020, demanding that Defendant pay rent. Defendant refused to make payment.”
The lawsuit was filed on November 25, 2020. There has been no response filed by Guy La Ferrera with the Palm Beach County Clerk of Courts.Boca-Center-Lawsuit
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.
- REMINDER: School Resumes Across Palm Beach County On Monday
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT TROUBLE: COMPUTER PROBLEMS ON BUSY TRAVEL DAY
- POLICE: Boynton Woman “Emotionally Unstable” When Attacked Boyfriend
- ZINGER’S DELI BOCA RATON: 27 VIOLATIONS LOGGED BY STATE INSPECTOR
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County School Choice Deadline Approaching