Palm Beach County Positivity Rate Again Nears 10 Percent.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Some day, people will look back and laugh at the comments made by Florida Governor Ron DeSantis. Perhaps drinking games will be known as “DeSantis” games — every time you say something absurd you scream “DeSantis!” and down a shot. But that day is not today. Today, Floridians are learning that the Florida Department of Health is officially reporting 1,008,166 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Florida as Governor Ron DeSantis says masks don’t work and social distancing isn’t needed. As we reported, DeSantis made the comments at a school in Osceola County on Monday.
[Reading in a news app? Click here for full story].
The State of Florida also reported a total of 18,679 deaths — a one day increase of 82 — and 55,197 hospitalizations, all from COVID-19. The positivity rate has again risen in Florida — it’s 8.69 percent based on tests logged on Monday.
In Palm Beach County, which is prohibited from enforcing a mask mandate due to Governor DeSantis’ order, the positivity rate soared to 9.87 percent. Over the past thee days, it was 7.5 percent, 7.11 percent and 5.69 percent. The infection count increased by 553 on Monday and the death count increased by 2.
In Palm Beach County, at least 65,936 people have tested positive for COVID-19. 1,697 have died. At least 4,515 have been hospitalized. 292 people are currently hospitalized in Palm Beach County with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19,” according to the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car
- Woman Kills Federal Judge, Injures Boy In Boca Raton Crash
- More COVID Problems Florida, Positivity Rate Jumps Again
- Flying? Major Delays, Canceled Flights At FLL Today
- Significant Weather Advisory In Effect
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week