SUSPECT: “I’m Taking The Keys, And The Girl!”
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton man sitting with his girlfriend in a Rolls Royce was startled when another man appeared around 8:34 p.m. and demanded the car — and his girlfriend.
It happened in the 2000 block of NW 19th Street in Boca Raton Tuesday evening — near FAU. According to the police report: “(The victim) was sitting in his vehicle with his friend discussing what to eat when an unknown black male approached his vehicle. The unknown black male was later identified as Reginald Huff, Jr. Reginald continued to look inside the vehicle and knock on the door. (The victim) advised he opened the passenger door and Reginald immediately punched him with a closed fist in the left side of his head. (The victim) fell on the ground and dropped $5000 to $6000 in cash on the floor from his left pocket. (The victim) then got up on the floor and asked Reginald what he wanted. Reginald stated ‘I’m taking the keys and girl.”
The police report continues:
“At this point, (the victim) threw his Rolls Royce car keys away from the vehicle and then reached in the center console for his firearm. Reginald then grabbed the car keys from the ground and ran away towards Glade Road when he saw the firearm. (The victim) advised when grabbed the firearm from the center console, he never pointed it at Reginald and believed Reginald only saw the firearm when he was retrieving it out of the center console. He then put it away when he saw Reginald fleeing the scene.”
As we reported earlier, Reginald Huff is being held without bond on the Palm Beach County Jail on resisting arrest, carjacking, kidnapping new robbery charges.
Huff lives in Orlando, but has previously been cited for a motor vehicle equipment violation in Palm Beach County.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEA AGENTS NAB ADAM RUNSDORF ON WOODFIELD COUNTRY CLUB GOLF COURSE
- AARON SINGERMAN ASKS FOR 20 MONTHS, BUT DID HIS ATTORNEYS MISLEAD?
- SIRENS: Delray Apartment Fire, Trauma At West Boca High, Unconscious At Home Depot Boca
- Mask Mandate Extended For Palm Beach County Schools
- FLORIDA: 57 Die From COVID Thursday, Two From The Flu
- JetBlue Flight Makes Emergency Return To Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- BOCA RUDETON: How Fake Is That ”Service” Dog In The Aisle?
- Boca Raton Teen Charged With Homicide, DUI, Hit And Run
- SIRENS: Car Fire On I-95, Chemical Hazard At Trump’s Mar-A-Lago, Fight In Canyon Isles