BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida added another 9,920 COVID-19 cases on Tuesday through 11:59 p.m., bringing the state total to an incomprehensible 1,018,160. The death count also rose by 97. At least 18,776 people have died in Florida from COVID-19. The positivity rate jumped for Tuesday’s tests — it’s now 9.12 percent.
[Reading in a news app? Click here for full story].
In Palm Beach County, 468 new positive COVID-19 tests were added the count on Tuesday with two COVID-19 deaths. There are now at least 66,427 COVID-infected people in Palm Beach County with 1,699 dead. The one day positivity rate is 7.96 percent.
Statewide, at least 55,567 people have been hospitalized for COVID-19 issues. In Palm Beach County, at least 275 people are currently hospitalized — as of Tuesday afternoon — with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19. Statewide, at least 4,248 people are currently hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19, according to the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday