BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida added another 9,920 COVID-19 cases on Tuesday through 11:59 p.m., bringing the state total to an incomprehensible 1,018,160. The death count also rose by 97. At least 18,776 people have died in Florida from COVID-19. The positivity rate jumped for Tuesday’s tests — it’s now 9.12 percent.
[Reading in a news app? Click here for full story].
In Palm Beach County, 468 new positive COVID-19 tests were added the count on Tuesday with two COVID-19 deaths. There are now at least 66,427 COVID-infected people in Palm Beach County with 1,699 dead. The one day positivity rate is 7.96 percent.
Statewide, at least 55,567 people have been hospitalized for COVID-19 issues. In Palm Beach County, at least 275 people are currently hospitalized — as of Tuesday afternoon — with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19. Statewide, at least 4,248 people are currently hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19, according to the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud
- Delray Beach, Boca Raton Real Estate Prices Soar, Inventory Drops
- No School Friday, Palm Beach County Schools To Close For Students
- Delray Beach Woman Facing Fraud, Drug Charges