Situation Worsening Statewide, Hospital Counts Rising
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The number of people hospitalized for COVID-19 in Palm Beach County continues to rise. As of 4:45 a.m. Wednesday, December 2nd, 2020, the official count is 292 in Palm Beach County, according to the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration. It’s 438 in Broward County and 677 in Miami-Dade. Statewide, 4,280 people are currently in a Florida hospital with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19.”
[Reading in a news app? Click here for full story].
ICU bed availability statewide continues to decline. It’s now 22.44 percent. Public health officials say anything under 25 percent is cause for concern. In Palm Beach County, however, the news is slightly better. The county reports 41.70 percent of ICU beds in the county are available, which suggests patients are moving with greater speed from ICU’s to general hospital care. The general hospital availability in Palm Beach County — this includes beds for everything from post-elective surgery to other issues — is 27.21 percent. Statewide it’s 23.51 percent.
In Broward County, just 21.20 percent of all hospital beds are available. In Miami-Dade, it’s 25.74 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HORRIBLE: FLORIDA PASSES 25,000 DEATHS AS DESANTIS PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT
- Mizner Country Club GM Says Club Not Involved In Drug Sales
- Two In West Boca Home Jailed On Drug Charges
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again
- Palm Beach County Offering Summer Camp Scholarships
- Delray’s Georgios Pappas Charged With DUI
- Trump’s Palm Beach County Passes 100,000 COVID-19 Cases