Situation Worsening Statewide, Hospital Counts Rising
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The number of people hospitalized for COVID-19 in Palm Beach County continues to rise. As of 4:45 a.m. Wednesday, December 2nd, 2020, the official count is 292 in Palm Beach County, according to the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration. It’s 438 in Broward County and 677 in Miami-Dade. Statewide, 4,280 people are currently in a Florida hospital with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19.”
[Reading in a news app? Click here for full story].
ICU bed availability statewide continues to decline. It’s now 22.44 percent. Public health officials say anything under 25 percent is cause for concern. In Palm Beach County, however, the news is slightly better. The county reports 41.70 percent of ICU beds in the county are available, which suggests patients are moving with greater speed from ICU’s to general hospital care. The general hospital availability in Palm Beach County — this includes beds for everything from post-elective surgery to other issues — is 27.21 percent. Statewide it’s 23.51 percent.
In Broward County, just 21.20 percent of all hospital beds are available. In Miami-Dade, it’s 25.74 percent.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Way Beyond Bagels Delray Says Eviction Notice Wrong Due To Rat Infestation
- Glades Road Now Completely Closed Until Monday Morning
- LYONS ROAD NIGHTMARE, CONSTRUCTION LIKELY TO CONTINUE INTO SUMMER
- STRANGER THINGS: Man With Slit Neck Found On Seven Bridges Tennis Court
- BOCA RATON: COMPLETE GLADES ROAD CLOSURE STARTS TONIGHT
- North Broward Crash Leaves One Person Dead, Circumstances Investigated
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Second Arrest Of Year Is Battery Charge
- Nursing School Scam Leads To Indictments For Palm Beach County Residents
- Life In Prison For Best Buy Delivery Man Who Killed, Burned Boca Raton Woman