Situation Worsening Statewide, Hospital Counts Rising
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The number of people hospitalized for COVID-19 in Palm Beach County continues to rise. As of 4:45 a.m. Wednesday, December 2nd, 2020, the official count is 292 in Palm Beach County, according to the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration. It’s 438 in Broward County and 677 in Miami-Dade. Statewide, 4,280 people are currently in a Florida hospital with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19.”
[Reading in a news app? Click here for full story].
ICU bed availability statewide continues to decline. It’s now 22.44 percent. Public health officials say anything under 25 percent is cause for concern. In Palm Beach County, however, the news is slightly better. The county reports 41.70 percent of ICU beds in the county are available, which suggests patients are moving with greater speed from ICU’s to general hospital care. The general hospital availability in Palm Beach County — this includes beds for everything from post-elective surgery to other issues — is 27.21 percent. Statewide it’s 23.51 percent.
In Broward County, just 21.20 percent of all hospital beds are available. In Miami-Dade, it’s 25.74 percent.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TROPICAL WAVES EAST OF FLORIDA GROWING, HURRICANE CENTER WATCHING CLOSELY
- STUNNING FORM TO BE APPROVED BY PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- ROTELLI BOCA RATON: “MOLD-LIKE SUBSTANCE” LEADS TO WARNING
- Complete Update On Hurricane Ian Recovery Efforts In Florida
- IS NEW TROPICAL WAVE FOLLOWING HURRICANE IAN’S PATH?
- I-75 Now Open, But FHP Warns Of Other Road Closures Due To Hurricane Ian
- Delray Beach Man Arrested For Boating Under The Influence
- NEW TROPICAL SYSTEM: 70 Percent Chance New Wave Becomes Depression East Of Florida
- I-75 COMPLETELY CLOSED DUE TO HURRICANE IAN