Already Homeowners Contacting BocaNewsNow.com, “Concerned” Over Fee Increases.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Welcome to December, the time of year where HOA and Condo boards across Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach and Palm Beach County reveal how much monthly or quarterly fees will run. Is most cases, increases are normal and to be expected. But BocaNewsNow.com is already hearing from apoplectic homeowners countywide who are “outraged” that their HOA fees are going up.
Some of these homeowners live in homes valued at more than $1,000,000 and
own lease so many Teslas, they can’t fit in a garage. (We love Boca!)
[Reading in a news app? Click here for full story].
Among the comments we’ve received over the past few days: “we’re in a pandemic! How can the board raise fees by $100?” “What do you mean I have to pay for Christmas lights? I’m Jewish!” “ How could it possibly cost so much to have grass cut? I’ve seen postage stamps bigger than my lot.” “No one told me when I bought my house that I would have to pay quarterly dues to pay for security, tennis and the clubhouse.”
HOA and condo boards are staffed by volunteers who often work tirelessly to balance budgets and keep associates afloat. But sometimes bad choices are made and questionable — or even criminal — activity takes place.
If you see anything odd in your latest budget, or would like us to investigate specific line items, please use the form below. If you reading this in a news app, just use this link to return to BocaNewsNow.com on the web. We have no need to publish your name, but appreciate your contact information so that we may reach out with questions.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates