BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Sunshine State is becoming the COVID State, as Florida added 10,699 new COVID-19 infections on Wednesday and another 98 deaths. The one day positivity rate hit 8.19 percent. As the infections and deaths continues, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is spending much of his day tweeting about open businesses — today writing about a barber shop.
[Reading in a news app? Click here for full story].
In Palm Beach County, a recent record of 663 new cases were added to the books on Wednesday with 10 new deaths. The positivity rate for Wednesday is reported as 7.52 percent. At least 4,541 people have been hospitalized with COVID-19 issues in Palm Beach County.
There are now at least 1,029,030 COVID-19 infections in Florida with 18,874 deaths. At least 55,820 people have been hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19.
In Palm Beach County, at least 67,106 people have tested positive for COVID-19 and 1,709 people have died.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.
- REMINDER: School Resumes Across Palm Beach County On Monday
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT TROUBLE: COMPUTER PROBLEMS ON BUSY TRAVEL DAY
- POLICE: Boynton Woman “Emotionally Unstable” When Attacked Boyfriend
- ZINGER’S DELI BOCA RATON: 27 VIOLATIONS LOGGED BY STATE INSPECTOR
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County School Choice Deadline Approaching