BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Sunshine State is becoming the COVID State, as Florida added 10,699 new COVID-19 infections on Wednesday and another 98 deaths. The one day positivity rate hit 8.19 percent. As the infections and deaths continues, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is spending much of his day tweeting about open businesses — today writing about a barber shop.
[Reading in a news app? Click here for full story].
In Palm Beach County, a recent record of 663 new cases were added to the books on Wednesday with 10 new deaths. The positivity rate for Wednesday is reported as 7.52 percent. At least 4,541 people have been hospitalized with COVID-19 issues in Palm Beach County.
There are now at least 1,029,030 COVID-19 infections in Florida with 18,874 deaths. At least 55,820 people have been hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19.
In Palm Beach County, at least 67,106 people have tested positive for COVID-19 and 1,709 people have died.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car
- Woman Kills Federal Judge, Injures Boy In Boca Raton Crash
- More COVID Problems Florida, Positivity Rate Jumps Again
- Flying? Major Delays, Canceled Flights At FLL Today
- Significant Weather Advisory In Effect
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge