BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There is no school for students on Friday, December 4th, 2020, in the Palm Beach County School District.
Just four days after a week-long Thanksgiving break, and two weeks before a two week winter break, the school district has opted to keep a “teacher in-service day” which means there is no instruction for students. This is the last day off for students until winter break which starts at the close of school on December 18th.
Parents will soon have to decide — again — whether they want their children to continue with “distance learning” for the rest of the school year, or if they would like their children to risk illness by returning to school when the second semester commences in January. That binding decision must be made over the next several weeks. Roughly 40 percent of the Palm Beach County School District’s 180,000 student population has returned, while the rest continue to learn from home. Due to the late school start this year, the school year continue to mid-June.
The daily COVID-19 count shows that schools with larger “in person” populations are the schools with the highest numbers of COVID-19, including Calusa Elementary, Boca Raton Community High School, and Omni Middle School — all in Boca Raton.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days
- Boca Raton Gym Sued For $1M In Rent
- COVID Vaccine Distribution In Palm Beach County Is Worse Than You Think
- Shot, Mauled, Or Drowned? What Happened To This Boca Raton Cat?
- COVID Is Getting Worse In Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Animal Cruelty Charges
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Elevator Blaze
- Palm Beach County ICU’s Packed, COVID Count Rising