Thanksgiving Surge Not Yet Here, But Already Hospitals Filling Up.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The ICU bed availability in Florida is now just 20.94 percent. That is the lowest recorded availability in several weeks if not months. Health officials say anything under 15 percent is cause of significant concern. Aside from COVID, there must be beds available for victims of other calamities like car crashes or crimes.
In Palm Beach County, the overall availability is slightly better — at 28.75 percent — but an increasing strain is evident. West Boca Medical Center has just 3 open ICU beds as of 4:01 pm Saturday. Wellington has just 1 bed. Boca Regional as 12 of 28 beds available.
[Reading in a news app? Click here for full story].
In Palm Beach County, 258 people are hospitalized as of 4:01 pm Saturday with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19, according to the Florida Agency fo Health Care Administration. Broward County reports 441 people hospitalized with COVID. Miami-Dade County reports 761 people are currently hospitalized with COVID-19.
Statewide 4,339 people are currently in the hospital with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19.
Combining all COVID and non-COVID hospitalizations statewide, 47,155 people are currently hospitalized in Florida, leaving just 23.95 availability.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Former Miami Dolphin Vontae Davis Arrested For DUI In South Florida
- Victims Of Double Fatal West Boca Raton Crash Identified
- Air Traffic Slowed Along Eastern Seaboard, Balloon To Be Shot Down
- TRIAL SET IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH CASE, MAGISTRATE BLASTS HOA ATTORNEYS
- Shooting In Boca Reserve Not Criminal, According To Police
- Boca Raton Woman Faces Six Years In Federal Prison On Illegal Boating Indictment
- Boca Raton Man, On Moped, Killed In Crash
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON