Thanksgiving Surge Not Yet Here, But Already Hospitals Filling Up.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The ICU bed availability in Florida is now just 20.94 percent. That is the lowest recorded availability in several weeks if not months. Health officials say anything under 15 percent is cause of significant concern. Aside from COVID, there must be beds available for victims of other calamities like car crashes or crimes.
In Palm Beach County, the overall availability is slightly better — at 28.75 percent — but an increasing strain is evident. West Boca Medical Center has just 3 open ICU beds as of 4:01 pm Saturday. Wellington has just 1 bed. Boca Regional as 12 of 28 beds available.
[Reading in a news app? Click here for full story].
In Palm Beach County, 258 people are hospitalized as of 4:01 pm Saturday with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19, according to the Florida Agency fo Health Care Administration. Broward County reports 441 people hospitalized with COVID. Miami-Dade County reports 761 people are currently hospitalized with COVID-19.
Statewide 4,339 people are currently in the hospital with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19.
Combining all COVID and non-COVID hospitalizations statewide, 47,155 people are currently hospitalized in Florida, leaving just 23.95 availability.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Obesity Clinic Sued Over Unsolicited Text Messages
- DEAD RISING: Florida’s COVID Death Count Rises By 137 In One Day
- POLICE: Husband Assaults Pregnant Wife In Boca Raton Bar
- South Palm Beach County Hospitals Filling With COVID Patients
- COVID CRISIS: Aloha Food Shack Packed, Boca Officials Do Nothing
- Palm Beach Schools Closed Monday
- Palm Beach Post Editor Sends Expletive Filled Email To Our Newsroom
- Are City of Boca Raton Restaurants, Stores Safe From COVID?
- FLORIDA: Another 205 Dead From COVID In One Day, Now 24K Deaths