Thanksgiving Surge Not Yet Here, But Already Hospitals Filling Up.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The ICU bed availability in Florida is now just 20.94 percent. That is the lowest recorded availability in several weeks if not months. Health officials say anything under 15 percent is cause of significant concern. Aside from COVID, there must be beds available for victims of other calamities like car crashes or crimes.
In Palm Beach County, the overall availability is slightly better — at 28.75 percent — but an increasing strain is evident. West Boca Medical Center has just 3 open ICU beds as of 4:01 pm Saturday. Wellington has just 1 bed. Boca Regional as 12 of 28 beds available.
[Reading in a news app? Click here for full story].
In Palm Beach County, 258 people are hospitalized as of 4:01 pm Saturday with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19, according to the Florida Agency fo Health Care Administration. Broward County reports 441 people hospitalized with COVID. Miami-Dade County reports 761 people are currently hospitalized with COVID-19.
Statewide 4,339 people are currently in the hospital with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19.
Combining all COVID and non-COVID hospitalizations statewide, 47,155 people are currently hospitalized in Florida, leaving just 23.95 availability.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TWO TROPICAL WAVES EXPECTED TO BECOME DEPRESSIONS WITHIN DAYS
- WE’RE CONFUSED: Lee County Opposed Mask Mandates, But Angry Over No Evacuation Order?
- POLICE INVESTIGATE DRIVE-BY GEL GUN ATTACK IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH
- North Carolina Woman Drives On Rims In Boca Raton, Is Arrested For DUI
- PALM BEACH COUNTY REAL ESTATE MARKET TANKS
- WHAT’S IT DOING? New Tropical Wave Meandering, But Growing, South Of Florida
- Deputy Shoots Pit Bull But Bullet Travels Through Dog Into Another Deputy
- CHILD LEFT AT SCHOOL HE DOESN’T ATTEND, PARENTS CAN’T BE FOUND
- STUNNING FORM TO BE APPROVED BY PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS