COVID Spreading Unfettered In Sunshine State. More than 60,000 Cases In One Week.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida added another 10,265 COVID-19 cases on Friday as the body count rose by 90. In just seven days, 62,953 new COVID-19 cases have been recorded in the Florida.
The bodies continue to stack up. At least 19,084 people have died in Florida from COVID-19. At least 1,049,638 have been infected statewide.
In Palm Beach County, 630 new COVID-19 cases were added on Friday with five new deaths. The Palm Beach County body count is now 1,724 with 68,381 infections. At least 56,317 people have been hospitalized with COVID-19 in Florida.
The pediatric positivity rate for Palm Beach County is now rising. It’s 11.7 percent. The Florida Department of Health considers anyone 18 or under to be “pediatric.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud
- Delray Beach, Boca Raton Real Estate Prices Soar, Inventory Drops
- No School Friday, Palm Beach County Schools To Close For Students
- Delray Beach Woman Facing Fraud, Drug Charges