BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is warning everyone that someone is posing as an Amazon employee and claiming to work with a Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Deputy by the name of “Soul.” Turn out the two are scammers.
Here’s the verbatim advisory just sent out by PBSO:
“There is an imposter calling victim’s claiming to be an Amazon employee. The imposter advises the recipient of the call that a credit card was opened in his/her name and fraudulent purchases were made online. The imposter will then transfer the call to another male who is claiming to be a Deputy with the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office. This imposter male identifies himself as, Deputy Soul and provides a fake badge number. The imposter deputy then demands the last four digits of the recipient’s social security number stating that he needs to report this action to the Department of Social Security and the Treasury Department and if he/she does not provide the information, there will be “legal action”. The latest call was received on December 4, 2020.”
THIS IS A SCAM! Please hang up on these callers and immediately report the incident to the nearest law enforcement agency.
PBSO’s non-emergency number is 561-688-3400.
If you capture the number calling you, please let BocaNewsNow.com. We’ll add it to the story so other readers will know they are potentially being targeted. If you’re reading this in a news app, just click here.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees
- Palm Beach County Schools Hide Expulsion Information, Race Questions Raised
- Boca Isles South Resident Arrested Following Theft, Fire