POMPANO BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: BSO Media Advisory Verbatim) — A motorcyclist is dead following a crash in Pompano Beach on Saturday evening.
Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide detectives are investigating the crash that killed Rossano Henry Jr. Preliminary investigation revealed that Janet Nilsen was driving a 2019 Kia Soul southbound in the center thru lane of South Dixie Highway. Henry was also traveling southbound and was driving a 2007 Suzuki GSX-R600 motorcycle. While Henry was traveling in the left thru lane, Nilsen made a left turn into a parking lot, crossing the southbound left thru lane, in front of Henry.
Henry’s motorcycle struck Nilsen’s driver side door in a T-bone collision, and the impact caused Henry to be ejected from his motorcycle. Pompano Beach Fire Rescue pronounced Henry deceased on scene.
Pompano Beach Fire Rescue transported Nilsen to a nearby hospital with injuries that were not life threatening.
The traffic homicide investigation continues.
Victim Information: Rossano Henry Jr., 25, 5/23/95, male, 2411 N.W. Seventh St., #312, Fort Lauderdale (DECEASED)
Driver Information: Janet Nilsen, 56, female, Miami
Location: 500 block of South Dixie Highway West, Pompano Beach
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens