Florida Statewide: 4,750 People Are In ICU’s Tuesday Morning
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There is a dramatic increase in ICU occupancy in area hospitals. As Tuesday gets underway, West Boca Medical Center, Delray Medical Center, Boca Raton Community Hospital and Wellington Regional Medical Center are showing ICU occupancy of greater than 75 percent. Health officials say anything over 75 percent occupancy is a problem. Countywide, Palm Beach County has just 24.81 percent of its ICU capacity available.
As of 6:13 a.m., the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration reports:
West Boca Medical Center has just one of 16 ICU beds available for 6.25 percent availability.
Wellington Regional reports just 2 of 28 ICU beds available for 7.14 percent availability.
Delray Medical Center reports just 8 of 50 ICU beds available for a 16 percent availability.
Boca Raton Community Hospital reports 10 of 40 ICU beds available.
In all of Palm Beach County, 271 people Tuesday morning are hospitalized with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19” according to official state data.
Statewide, 4,750 people are in ICU’s Tuesday morning. At least 4,461 people are hospitalized in Florida with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19. A total of 46,666 people are hospitalized statewide for COVID and non-COVID issues.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud
- Delray Beach, Boca Raton Real Estate Prices Soar, Inventory Drops
- No School Friday, Palm Beach County Schools To Close For Students
- Delray Beach Woman Facing Fraud, Drug Charges