Florida Statewide: 4,750 People Are In ICU’s Tuesday Morning
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There is a dramatic increase in ICU occupancy in area hospitals. As Tuesday gets underway, West Boca Medical Center, Delray Medical Center, Boca Raton Community Hospital and Wellington Regional Medical Center are showing ICU occupancy of greater than 75 percent. Health officials say anything over 75 percent occupancy is a problem. Countywide, Palm Beach County has just 24.81 percent of its ICU capacity available.
As of 6:13 a.m., the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration reports:
West Boca Medical Center has just one of 16 ICU beds available for 6.25 percent availability.
Wellington Regional reports just 2 of 28 ICU beds available for 7.14 percent availability.
Delray Medical Center reports just 8 of 50 ICU beds available for a 16 percent availability.
Boca Raton Community Hospital reports 10 of 40 ICU beds available.
In all of Palm Beach County, 271 people Tuesday morning are hospitalized with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19” according to official state data.
Statewide, 4,750 people are in ICU’s Tuesday morning. At least 4,461 people are hospitalized in Florida with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19. A total of 46,666 people are hospitalized statewide for COVID and non-COVID issues.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School
- Boca Raton Man Claims 800-Pack-Rat Sold His Stuff When Credit Card Expired
- Florida Teachers Slam DeSantis, Call On Him To Listen To Medical Professionals
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County Reinstates Mandatory Masking In Public Buildings
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog