Florida Statewide: 4,750 People Are In ICU’s Tuesday Morning
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There is a dramatic increase in ICU occupancy in area hospitals. As Tuesday gets underway, West Boca Medical Center, Delray Medical Center, Boca Raton Community Hospital and Wellington Regional Medical Center are showing ICU occupancy of greater than 75 percent. Health officials say anything over 75 percent occupancy is a problem. Countywide, Palm Beach County has just 24.81 percent of its ICU capacity available.
As of 6:13 a.m., the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration reports:
West Boca Medical Center has just one of 16 ICU beds available for 6.25 percent availability.
Wellington Regional reports just 2 of 28 ICU beds available for 7.14 percent availability.
Delray Medical Center reports just 8 of 50 ICU beds available for a 16 percent availability.
Boca Raton Community Hospital reports 10 of 40 ICU beds available.
In all of Palm Beach County, 271 people Tuesday morning are hospitalized with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19” according to official state data.
Statewide, 4,750 people are in ICU’s Tuesday morning. At least 4,461 people are hospitalized in Florida with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19. A total of 46,666 people are hospitalized statewide for COVID and non-COVID issues.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Way Beyond Bagels Delray Says Eviction Notice Wrong Due To Rat Infestation
- Glades Road Now Completely Closed Until Monday Morning
- LYONS ROAD NIGHTMARE, CONSTRUCTION LIKELY TO CONTINUE INTO SUMMER
- STRANGER THINGS: Man With Slit Neck Found On Seven Bridges Tennis Court
- BOCA RATON: COMPLETE GLADES ROAD CLOSURE STARTS TONIGHT
- North Broward Crash Leaves One Person Dead, Circumstances Investigated
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Second Arrest Of Year Is Battery Charge
- Nursing School Scam Leads To Indictments For Palm Beach County Residents
- Life In Prison For Best Buy Delivery Man Who Killed, Burned Boca Raton Woman