Planet Blue Files Suit Against Crocker after Crocker Sues To Collect $185K
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In a lawsuit that may have statewide — if not national — implications, women’s clothing store “Planet Blue” is suing Crocker Downtown Development Group, the landlord for much of Mizner Park.
As we reported last week, Crocker filed suit against Planet Blue for its alleged failure to pay rent dating back to just after the onset of COVID-19. We reported that Planet Blue, according to the suit, owes $185,744.94. The suit against Planet Blue, which seeks money or eviction, was filed just after Crocker filed suit against iPic in Mizner Park for $635,000.
But now, Planet Blue is suing Crocker, saying — and we paraphrase here — that it’s unfair for Crocker to expect Planet Blue to pay rent when the City of Boca Raton ordered businesses closed. The suit suggests business has been exceptionally slow to recover.
We encourage our readers to review the entire suit, below. All suits are filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court. Planet Blue, located at 425 Plaza Real — unit 1425 in Mizner Park — agreed to pay $22,916.75 per month in rent. The store is part of a national chain with locations in several high-end shopping centers.
If you are reading this in a news app, click here to access the complete lawsuit if it does not populate below.Planet-Blue-v-Crocker
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Tropical Storm Warning Canceled For Palm Beach County
- Tropical Storm Warning Remains In Effect Until Early Afternoon In Palm Beach County
- 17-Year-Old Enters Water In Highland Beach During Ian, Needs Rescue
- TORNADO KINGS POINT: Images From Restricted Area
- HURRICANE IAN STARTS TO WEAKEN, BUT IT’S NOT OVER YET IN PALM BEACH COUNTY
- HURRICANE IAN: Moving Ashore, Schools Closed Thursday, Power Out
- HURRICANE IAN EYEWALL COMING ASHORE, EXPECT WEATHER TO DETERIORATE
- PALM BEACH COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS CLOSED THURSDAY
- POWER OUTAGES CONTINUE: Thousands Without Power In Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade