Planet Blue Files Suit Against Crocker after Crocker Sues To Collect $185K
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In a lawsuit that may have statewide — if not national — implications, women’s clothing store “Planet Blue” is suing Crocker Downtown Development Group, the landlord for much of Mizner Park.
As we reported last week, Crocker filed suit against Planet Blue for its alleged failure to pay rent dating back to just after the onset of COVID-19. We reported that Planet Blue, according to the suit, owes $185,744.94. The suit against Planet Blue, which seeks money or eviction, was filed just after Crocker filed suit against iPic in Mizner Park for $635,000.
But now, Planet Blue is suing Crocker, saying — and we paraphrase here — that it’s unfair for Crocker to expect Planet Blue to pay rent when the City of Boca Raton ordered businesses closed. The suit suggests business has been exceptionally slow to recover.
We encourage our readers to review the entire suit, below. All suits are filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court. Planet Blue, located at 425 Plaza Real — unit 1425 in Mizner Park — agreed to pay $22,916.75 per month in rent. The store is part of a national chain with locations in several high-end shopping centers.
If you are reading this in a news app, click here to access the complete lawsuit if it does not populate below.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DARWINISM: Motorcyclist Pops A Wheelie, Hits Boca Man, Dies
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Jumps
- Expect 100,000 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County By Weekend
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Teachers Told No Political Activity At Work
- Get Ready For Traffic, Flight Issues In Palm Beach County Wednesday
- Publix COVID-19 Shots Available Thursday In Palm Beach County
- KINSA: Holiday Surge Just Starting, Palm Beach County Critical
- Two Theft Charges For Boca Raton Woman
- Boca Obesity Clinic Sued Over Unsolicited Text Messages