FLORIDA DEATH COUNT EXPECTED TO HIT 20,000 WITHIN DAYS
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis continues to avoid television cameras and reporter questions as COVID-19 infections soar in Florida, and the body count rises like dead fish on the beach in the midst of a red tide.
Another 9,442 infections were logged by the Florida Department of Health on Tuesday through 11:59 p.m. The death count, statewide, jumped by 84. The positivity rate is at a new recent high of 8.64 percent.
In total, 1,083,362 people are — or have been — infected with COVID-19 in Florida. 19,462 people have died. At least 57,210 have been hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19.
In Palm Beach County, another 450 infections were logged on Tuesday with six new deaths. The Palm Beach County totals are now 70,314 infections, 1,745 deaths, and at least 4,627 people have been hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19. Palm Beach County’s positivity rate for Tuesday’s test reporting is 7.35 percent.
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis continues to keep an un-Desantis-like low profile. He is being battered from both sides of the aisle for the raid on Rebekah Jones’ home in Tallahssee. Law enforcement professionals and elected leaders say FDLE went too far. It’s now being reported that the warrant was signed by a judge just appointed by DeSantis — this was his first act.
DeSantis continues to say nothing about the rising infection and death count in his state.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Tropical Depression Forms, Tropical Wave Still Watched South Of Florida
- Bedner’s Farm In Boynton Beach Sued Over Petting Zoo Incident
- Man Threatens To Stab Mother In Delray Beach, Cops Shoot Both
- TWO TROPICAL WAVES EXPECTED TO BECOME DEPRESSIONS WITHIN DAYS
- WE’RE CONFUSED: Lee County Opposed Mask Mandates, But Angry Over No Evacuation Order?
- POLICE INVESTIGATE DRIVE-BY GEL GUN ATTACK IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH
- North Carolina Woman Drives On Rims In Boca Raton, Is Arrested For DUI
- PALM BEACH COUNTY REAL ESTATE MARKET TANKS
- WHAT’S IT DOING? New Tropical Wave Meandering, But Growing, South Of Florida