FLORIDA DEATH COUNT EXPECTED TO HIT 20,000 WITHIN DAYS
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis continues to avoid television cameras and reporter questions as COVID-19 infections soar in Florida, and the body count rises like dead fish on the beach in the midst of a red tide.
Another 9,442 infections were logged by the Florida Department of Health on Tuesday through 11:59 p.m. The death count, statewide, jumped by 84. The positivity rate is at a new recent high of 8.64 percent.
In total, 1,083,362 people are — or have been — infected with COVID-19 in Florida. 19,462 people have died. At least 57,210 have been hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19.
In Palm Beach County, another 450 infections were logged on Tuesday with six new deaths. The Palm Beach County totals are now 70,314 infections, 1,745 deaths, and at least 4,627 people have been hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19. Palm Beach County’s positivity rate for Tuesday’s test reporting is 7.35 percent.
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis continues to keep an un-Desantis-like low profile. He is being battered from both sides of the aisle for the raid on Rebekah Jones’ home in Tallahssee. Law enforcement professionals and elected leaders say FDLE went too far. It’s now being reported that the warrant was signed by a judge just appointed by DeSantis — this was his first act.
DeSantis continues to say nothing about the rising infection and death count in his state.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud