Thanksgiving Stupidity Leading To Christmas Crisis As Families Gather, Get Sick, Need Hospital Help
NO ICU BEDS AVAILABLE AT WEST BOCA MEDICAL CENTER EARLY WEDNESDAY MORNING
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There are now 302 patients hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County, according to the Florida Agency for Health Care administration. That is a jump of at least 31 since Tuesday morning — the largest 24 hour increase we’ve seen in months. There are NO ICU beds available as of 5:30 a.m. at West Boca Medical Center.
Statewide, 4,563 people are hospitalized with a COVID-19 diagnosis.
Florida’s ICUs are also beginning to feel the brunt of Thanksgiving stupidity. ICU availability is just 19.56 percent — a dramatic decrease over the past 24 hours and well into the zone that health care experts say is a problem. Anything under 25 percent available is considered to be dangerous.
In Palm Beach County, just 23.8 percent of ICU beds are available as of 5:31 a.m. on Wednesday, December 9th.
West Boca Medical Center has NO ICU beds available out of 18.
Delray Medical Center has just 6 ICU beds available out of 43.
Boca Raton Community Hospital has 13 ICU beds available out of 28.
Wellington Medical Center has just 2 beds available out of 26.
JFK Medical Center has just 2 beds available out of 8.
Jupiter Medical Center has just 6 beds available out of 25.
Officials blame the increased sick count and need for ICU and hospital services on the people who took part in Thanksgiving gatherings despite warnings from health experts. There is fear that the situation will only deteriorate as Christmas approaches and warnings, guidelines and orders are again disregarded.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud
- Delray Beach, Boca Raton Real Estate Prices Soar, Inventory Drops
- No School Friday, Palm Beach County Schools To Close For Students
- Delray Beach Woman Facing Fraud, Drug Charges