BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We predicted just before Thanksgiving break that the Palm Beach County School District would hit 1000 COVID cases at some point in early December. Sadly, we were correct. The school district is now reporting 980 COVID-19 cases logged since “brick and mortar” learning began. It is almost guaranteed that the district will report its 1000th case later today. BocaNewsNow.com is aware of several cases that have been communicated to parents but are not yet accounted for on the district’s list.
Among the schools hardest hit area schools:
Boca Raton Community High School with 29 COVID-19 cases (7 employees and 22 students).
Palm Beach Central High with 28 COVID-19 cases (6 employees and 22 students).
Seminole Ridge Community High School with 24 COVID-19 cases (10 employees and 14 students).
Calusa Elementary with 20 COVID-19 cases (4 employees and 16 students).
Jupiter Community High School with 16 COVID-19 cases (5 employees and 11 students).
Meadow Park Elementary with 16 COVID-19 cases (1 employee and 15 students).
Whispering Pines Elementary School with 13 COVID-19 cases (4 employees and 9 students).
Omni Middle School with 12 COVID-19 cases — all students.
Sunset Palms Elementary with 11 COVID-19 cases (3 employees and 8 students).
Wellington Community High School with 10 COVID-19 cases (1 employee and 9 students).
The Florida Department of Health in Palm Beach County maintains that there is no proof of “student to student” or “student to staff member” contact, those claims are now being questioned after the Sun Sentinel revealed that Florida Governor Ron DeSantis ordered health department officials to not report accurate information. The raid on the home fo fired Florida data analyst Rebekah Jones on Monday also solidifies concern that health officials are — quite frankly — lying to Palm Beach County School District officials, risking the health and safety of students and teachers.
What are you seeing in your school? Use this form to contact BocaNewsNow.com. We won’t use your name, but appreciate your information. If you are reading this in a news app, just click here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School
- Boca Raton Man Claims 800-Pack-Rat Sold His Stuff When Credit Card Expired
- Florida Teachers Slam DeSantis, Call On Him To Listen To Medical Professionals
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County Reinstates Mandatory Masking In Public Buildings
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married