MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS: STAY AWAY FROM FLORIDA FOR CHIRSTMAS. IT’S NOT SAFE.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis says there will never be another shut down, but any intelligent human being would look at the latest infection and death numbers in the state and ask if he really has a choice. The numbers are skyrocketing in the wake of DeSantis’ open arms approach to Thanksgiving — where anyone could do anything they wanted regardless of whether it could infect others. That policy is now yielding ultra high infections, deaths and positivity rates.
Medical professionals contacting BocaNewsNow.com have this message: stay away from Florida for Christmas.
Florida added 11,234 new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. There are now 19,591 COVID-19 deaths in Florida. The infection count is 1,094,697.
In Palm Beach County, a recent record of 638 new cases were added on Wednesday with 11 new deaths. That brings Palm Beach County to 1,756 COVID deaths and 70,966 infections.
Florida’s statewide ICU availability is just 18.39 percent — that’s a critical level. Palm Beach County is also showing strain, reporting just 22.86 availability in area ICU’s.
Ron DeSantis continues to be focused on pal Donald Trump’s claims that he won the presidential election instead of focusing on mitigating the continued spread of COVID-19 in the community and Florida’s schools. The Palm Beach County School District reports more than 1,000 COVID-19 infections involving students and employees.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID Vaccine Distribution In Palm Beach County Is Worse Than You Think
- Shot, Mauled, Or Drowned? What Happened To This Boca Raton Cat?
- COVID Is Getting Worse In Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Animal Cruelty Charges
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Elevator Blaze
- Palm Beach County ICU’s Packed, COVID Count Rising
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Tinder Leads To Battery Charge For Boca Realtor
- HORRIBLE: FLORIDA PASSES 25,000 DEATHS AS DESANTIS PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT
- Mizner Country Club GM Says Club Not Involved In Drug Sales