BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The ICU at West Boca Medical Center remains at capacity, as other area intensive care units — including Delray Medical Center, Wellington Regional Medical Center, Bethesda West and Boca Raton Regional Medical Center are filling up. As of 6:18 a.m. Thursday, December 10th, Palm Beach County reports an ICU occupancy of more than 75 percent — the line that health officials say is cause for concern. One bad crash or mass casualty event could throw the hospital system into chaos.
Statewide, 4,565 people are hospitalized Thursday morning with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19.” In Palm Beach County, 312 people are hospitalized with a COVID-19 diagnosis. That is a recent high.
The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration reports:
West Boca Medical Center — 16 out of 16 ICU beds in use, 0 available.
Delray Medical Center — 45 ICU beds out of 51 in use, 6 available (11.76 percent).
Bethesda West — 7 ICU beds out of 10 in use, 3 available (30 percent).
Wellington Medical Center — 25 out of 28 ICU beds in use, 3 available (10.71 percent).
Boca Raton Regional Hospital: 32 out of 41 ICU beds in use, 9 available (21.95 percent).
Jupiter Medical Center: 24 out of 31 ICU beds in use, 7 available (22.58 percent).
For all ailments requiring hospitalization: 3,034 people are hospitalized in Palm Beach County with 947 hospital beds available or 23.79 percent.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Alisa Catoggio Pleads Guilty To $40M Federal Kickback Scheme
- COPS ON SCENE: Double Shooting South Of Boca Raton
- SMELL SMOKE? Don’t Worry About It, There’s A Controlled Burn
- ALLIGATOR ALLEY SHOOTING: Police Seeks Suspect, Ask Public For Tips
- ALERT: Palm Beach County COVID Risk Spikes
- EXTREMELY DRUNK: Cops Say Boca Raton Man Three Times Limit
- AT LEAST SIX SEX OFFENDERS LIVE IN KINGS POINT DELRAY BEACH
- Moses Sues Walmart, Claims Parking Lot More Dangerous Than Red Sea
- Sentencing For Female Fraudster, Seven Bridges Homeowner, Delayed