BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The ICU at West Boca Medical Center remains at capacity, as other area intensive care units — including Delray Medical Center, Wellington Regional Medical Center, Bethesda West and Boca Raton Regional Medical Center are filling up. As of 6:18 a.m. Thursday, December 10th, Palm Beach County reports an ICU occupancy of more than 75 percent — the line that health officials say is cause for concern. One bad crash or mass casualty event could throw the hospital system into chaos.
Statewide, 4,565 people are hospitalized Thursday morning with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19.” In Palm Beach County, 312 people are hospitalized with a COVID-19 diagnosis. That is a recent high.
The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration reports:
West Boca Medical Center — 16 out of 16 ICU beds in use, 0 available.
Delray Medical Center — 45 ICU beds out of 51 in use, 6 available (11.76 percent).
Bethesda West — 7 ICU beds out of 10 in use, 3 available (30 percent).
Wellington Medical Center — 25 out of 28 ICU beds in use, 3 available (10.71 percent).
Boca Raton Regional Hospital: 32 out of 41 ICU beds in use, 9 available (21.95 percent).
Jupiter Medical Center: 24 out of 31 ICU beds in use, 7 available (22.58 percent).
For all ailments requiring hospitalization: 3,034 people are hospitalized in Palm Beach County with 947 hospital beds available or 23.79 percent.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Former Miami Dolphin Vontae Davis Arrested For DUI In South Florida
- Victims Of Double Fatal West Boca Raton Crash Identified
- Air Traffic Slowed Along Eastern Seaboard, Balloon To Be Shot Down
- TRIAL SET IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH CASE, MAGISTRATE BLASTS HOA ATTORNEYS
- Shooting In Boca Reserve Not Criminal, According To Police
- Boca Raton Woman Faces Six Years In Federal Prison On Illegal Boating Indictment
- Boca Raton Man, On Moped, Killed In Crash
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON